Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ramblings of a Shy Blogger

Sometimes I feel inspired to write on my blog and sometimes I don't. This is one of those [many] times when I feel uninspired cause I have nothing interesting to write about. Sometimes I read others blogs and they're so entertaining, original, artistic, funny - you get the picture. I read them, and I want to go into my blogger's shell. Nothing I write about seems interesting enough, so why write at all? Why do I feel the need to write something that really gets a good reaction or get a comment? Why? I'll tell you why, cause I'm a people pleaser. I want to please the 3 people that actually read my blog. Well not today. Today my post will be filled or not so filled (cause that's my prerogative) with random thoughts that no one really cares about. Cause, well, it's MY blog and I can write whatever I darn well please. That's so liberating!
Pegged pants - they're back. I guess I should have guessed they'd make their appearance again but I always hoped they wouldn't. I'm slowly warming up to 80s fashions that have made their way back - see my 80s post - but sometimes I just can't accept certain fashions. Pegged pants, for instance. I'll never do it again, and if I do, slap me.

Trust me, I was a pegger at one point so don't say I didn't try. In my pegger days I remember seeing certain people without their pants pegged and I'd think, 'like, how unfashionable are you?' Remember when the deacons would pass the sacrament in their suits with their pants pegged? Just a matter of time when I start seeing that again.



Do I really look like Celine Dion? I'm not saying I get that comment a lot but when I do, its a little offensive to me. Not to say Celine isn't pretty cause she is, but I just don't want to look like her. I'd rather look like, I don't know, practically anyone else. Kate Hudson, for instance. She's so cute. If I sang like Celine, now that's a different story.

I've also gotten that I look like Mindy, on Mork and Mindy. Honestly, I can kind of see where they're coming from. Na-nu, na-nu.









So anywho, I 've got to feed the missionaries tonight. The dilemma is always what to feed them. I try to guess what they've gotten a lot of lately, and of course try to avoid that. I also try to avoid making anything with too many veggies cause they never seem to eat them. I've decided on lasagna, french bread and caesar salad. They've probably eaten a lot of that but oh well. Dessert for missionaries are a must. I don't stress out as much about dessert cause anything sugary will do. When I was a missionary and we didn't get dessert it was always so disappointing. Even worse was getting fruit for dessert. Its those simple things you really live for as a missionary.

I can't believe the judges on AI put Tatiana back on for the wildcard round. They just want good ratings - that's all they want. At least they didn't go so low as putting Normund Gentle back on. That would have been ridiculous. They really seem to love that Meagan girl with the long hair and huge arm tattoo. She better bring it tonight cause she sure didn't impress the last round. I couldn't help but be turned off by her little dorky dance moves.

The Bachelor drama was definitely good TV. My parents even got sucked in during 'After the Final Rose' as they were flipping through the channels (my dad's favorite pastime). I didn't get to watch part 2 so please let me know what happened.
I love this picture of Ethan (even though he refused to smile) cause he reminds me of E.T.




















Chad and I decided to go snowboarding for our Valentines date. We haven't been for 7 years. I really mastered the bunny hill and was feeling pretty good about myself so we went and did a blue run. Uh, it was way too steep for me so I had to snowplow practically the whole way down - it really works the ol' thigh muscles though. It was back to the bunny hill and greens for me for the rest of the night. It was super duper fun though and Chad was very patient with me to stay on the bunny hill for so long.

13 comments:

Mindi said...

I love the random thoughts, Wendy. I've fed the missionaries lasagna several times. Once a pair confided in me that they eat that more than anything. But I'm going to keep right on making it for 'em. I'm glad to see you got to hit the slopes with Chad. Adam and I did that last year. I officially gave up snowboarding and went back to skis and I couldn't be happier about it :) Poor Adam just didn't marry a 'board girl.

Abby said...

I like this post. It was interesting. No you don't look like Celine, not really like Mindy either, yes Ethan looks like E.T., and snowboarding looks like fun!
Also, pegged pans are definitely gaggy. If I wore them I'd look two feet tall and four feet wide.

Anonymous said...

I think Celine Dion is pretty. I'd rather get that then Tori Spelling-that's what I get all the time. More so when I was blond.

Snowboarding looks fun. You guys will have to come to Sun Valley for a weekend and teach us your skills.

I like your new song and I thoroughly enjoyed this post:)

Starnes fam said...

I thought this post was GREAT! It is YOUR blog...write whatever the heck you feel!
I too am looking forward to the wild card show tonight. That Tatiana girl drives me CrAzY! I can't wait until she gets cut ONCE and for all!

ANG said...

Waz, Waz, Waz ---
I think about 800 more people read your blog than mine...but who's counting?
What are you talking about? I still peg my legs every day.
Plus - blast from the past - seeing you on a snowboard brought back a vague memory: do you remember going one night up to Brighton with a friend of mine (I don't even remember which one) I think that may have been the first time you went snowboarding. Come down and go with us sometime. We like to go when we can - and I go slow (because I'm old and cautious and I like to groove to my tunes).

ANG said...

Waz, Waz, Waz ---
I think about 800 more people read your blog than mine...but who's counting?
What are you talking about? I still peg my legs every day.
Plus - blast from the past - seeing you on a snowboard brought back a vague memory: do you remember going one night up to Brighton with a friend of mine (I don't even remember which one) I think that may have been the first time you went snowboarding. Come down and go with us sometime. We like to go when we can - and I go slow (because I'm old and cautious and I like to groove to my tunes).

Unknown said...

just so you know, I am pleased. You should be random more often.

holy cow, I forgot about the deacons pegging thier suit pants! when I met you we were pegging our pants. I still remember some of your jeans and exactly how they looked--light blue, long johns underneath and pegged.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I too think...Hey it's your blog you can blog what you want to, blog what you want to... :)

Just say no to pegged pants! Never again I say! :)

Tamara said...

I forgot about the long johns! How funny...

jen said...

First of all...only three people read this? I've just scrolled down to be the 10th, so you better feel loved. ;) I love your blogs. I know I don't get a chance to hop on here and comment much, but I love all the fun little things you put on here. Especially the fashion comments. They always make me laugh. And what could be worse than being said you look like celine dion? Lindsay Lohan. I get it all the time and I'm never flattered.
Just to let you know, you fun little blog of "nothing" made me smile today. Thankyou.

Unknown said...

That is such a funny post Wendy, although only a true 80's girl would compare her son to E.T. (which was freaking funny by the way, because he really did look like him!)....so sorry but I'm not convinced I won't someday see you in pegged legs. I'll be watching!

Unknown said...

Um, that was Holly, not Isaac. Since when did Isaac's name start showing up???

~home bodies~ said...

one of your best posts. give us another.