Tonight as Chad, Ethan, and I were driving we started talking about the 5 shots that Ethan got on Friday. We were talking about how he cried but that it was OK and that we probably would have cried too. He asked if his cousin Rachel had gotten her shots. We told him she probably will before she goes into kindergarten (she's a year behind Ethan). Ethan says, "I bet she'll cry too." Chad goes, "We don't know, she may not cry. " And then Ethan says with a really demanding voice, "LISTEN, I'm 5, she's 4, of course she's gonna cry!"
Ethan and Rachel are really good buddies and they play really well together, but for some reason Ethan always has to play his seniority card with her. He likes the fact that he's older - they're only 11 months apart. When she turned 4 in December and I told Ethan that he and Rachel were the same age for a month his countenance just fell and he goes, "You mean she's four too?" I think reality hit that he wasn't as old as he thought he was. Its just a funny little rivalry and I can't wait to see how this all plays out as they get older.
8 comments:
that's awesome and definitely a post-worthy Ethan quote. I also loved reading about you and Chad. I'm glad somebody else out there doesn't remember who said 'I Love You' first. See you on Thursday for Girl's Night Out! (If katie sees this, she's going to be so jealous-which is why I chose to mention it-haha :)
laughing...laughing...laughing!!!
I can't wait to read these things back with Ethan someday and see him laugh about how hilarious he was as a little spring chicken.
HELLO BIZNARDS!!
Greetings from planet Coeur d Alene.
I love following your blog and I am glad I can keep up with how you are all doing.
I love E-Guys personality and LOL at what he says. Kids are so honest and tell you what they really think. They haven't built up all the walls around them yet. Ah, the days of innocence.
We love you lots, John and Sarah B
I love your Ethan stories and love the quotes on the side--what a cutie.
HAAAAHAAAAA!!! Sarah and I were laughing till we cried. We could totally picture Ethan saying that. We miss you guys! Thanks for letting us visit you vicariously through this blog.
How'd your hair turn out today? It's march-we got to start figuring out this spokane trip. I have an interview on thursday for a hospital position. maybe that will make our decision for us. I'll keep you posted...
I love it when kids get feisty! He is so adorable!
Post a Comment