Sunday, February 24, 2008

Alright, I'm Doing It

I got tagged a while back from Holly so here it goes:

How long have you been married? 7 years (8 in June)
How long did you date? 8 months dating and 2 1/2 month engagement - believe it or not since we were dating in Provo we were getting some slack about dating for so long.
Who eats more sweets? It depends what the sweets are. If its some sort of rich dessert I'm all over it. But if its cookies or ice cream Chad's all over those.
Who said I love you first? To be honest I can't really remember which makes me mad. I really wish I could remember the exact moment. I think I may have told him in a round about way like "I think I'm falling in love with you." Then one night Chad took me into the middle of a field near his house and it seemed like something was on his mind and I asked him a few times if there was something he was wanting to say and he said there wasn't. Later, after we had broken the "I love you" ice he told me he wanted to tell me that night but he lost the nerve. I thought that was cute.
How old is he? 32
Who is taller? He is - he's almost 6'4" and I'm 5'10"
Who is smarter? In all honesty I think we both are in different ways - he's book smart - he can read things and remember them really well, which I admire because I'm so horrible at recalling facts. So he's just good at knowing a lot about everything. I'm good at random things like Scrabble, Rubiks Race, puzzles, etc.
Who can sing better? I would say Chad has a better voice. He hasn't had much experience singing but when he does he sounds really good. I like to sing as pure hobby. I'm always singing in private or in front of close family but I don't dare in public unless there are a lot of others singing with me. I've been dubbed the "chimer" because Chad can't sing a song without me chiming in within seconds of starting it.
Who pays the bills? I do. Chad would rather not know about all the money going out.
Who does the laundry? I do it 95% of the time. He will help me fold and put it away if I've left it in a big pile in our family room.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Not to be difficult but which right side? The right side when you're looking at it? Or when you're actually laying in it. Looking at it it would be Chad. While laying in it it would be me
Who mows the lawn? Chad. I've mowed a lawn once in my life. What can I say I've got 3 older brothers.
Who cooks dinner? Me. If Chad cooked we'd probably have sandwiches, spanish rice or something frozen every night. Although he did make pancakes from scratch on Saturday, I was quite impressed.
Who drives? Both of us - I would say he drives more often. Since he doesn't know this area as well I'll drive to places he doesn't know so then I don't have to direct him as much. Ethan has told me on a couple of occasions to "stop bossing dad around" as I've been directing him in the car.
Who is more stubborn? ME. I get that from my mom. Love you mom!
Who kissed who first? Depends who you ask. I say it was mutual and he says that I definately kissed him first.
Who asked who out? I guess you could say I did. We were just friends and we'd been hanging out about a week and he came over one Saturday and I was telling him that I was really in the mood to go see a movie and I asked if he wanted to go with me. He said that thats the reason he came over was to see if I wanted to go to the movies with him. We saw Runaway Bride.
Who proposed? One night we were talking about what would happen when the semester ended cause I was going to be graduating and then that led us to a DTR conversation which led us to talking about getting married which led us to which temple and when. A really peaceful feeling came over us as we started making the plans that night and I knew it was right. We started looking for rings the next day. Then he officially proposed when the ring came in. He took me on a drive up the canyon and officially proposed at Sundance.
Who has more siblings? He does. 6 kids on his side, 5 on mine.
Who wears the pants? To be honest I don't think that either of us is the "boss" as Ethan would say. I think its pretty equal.

Chad is the best husband and dad and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I love him more and more each day. I love you Chad!!

*Sorry the pics didn't turn out like I would like. I don't know how to work with scanned pictures as well as digital. Wish they were closer up. If you've got any tips let me know.

These are a few pics from dating and as newlyweds. Check out how skinny I was in the pic of our halloween costumes. I was wearing my roomates girlscout outfit from when she was 12 years old (Right Emily and Carrie??).

And I tag anyone who's looking for an idea for a new post - Lori? Courtney?

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I love Ethan!! "Stop bossing dad around!" He actually can be quite the boss himself sometimes, which always makes me laugh! :) He was so cute tonight when he stopped what he was doing to tell me I smelled good! That kid is awesome.

I liked this post because there were things I didn't know about you and Chad--particularly regarding when you started dating and got engaged. Very fun! I'm so glad he joined the family!!

Shelby said...

The Halloween pic is a classic. Maybe I'll tag myself from this. There's quite a bit of disagreement between Dave and I as to how long, who did what first, and all that.

Loved reading about you guys.

The Bullocks said...

I love the Halloween costume, that's hilarious!!! that was fun to read about you guys. I hope we get to see you soon. Katie

Starnes fam said...

I LOVE the pictures! So funny!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Those costumes are amazing! They look extra funning because you too are so tall!

We love you guys! It really was fun chattin' it up with you the other night! :)

Kate said...

That was fun to read. Maybe I'll do it sometime ... I always love to relive the good old days. :)

Carrie Ann said...

I LOVE the costume picture...and the uniform was for a 2nd grader. Yep, that's right...A SECOND GRADER! You and Chad are darling. I love you both and love to see my dear friend in such a happy situation. You are blessed with love!