Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's Fall! - Even In Idaho

Yes I took the top picture while driving - probably not the safest thing to do. But I just love this cute tree lined street downtown. We don't have many of those in these parts.
One of my favorite things about fall, besides the changing leaves, is going to Linder Farms with Chad and Ethan to pick out a pumpkin. Even though its only our 2nd time doing this, since we haven't lived here all that long, I'm excited to do it every year as one our family traditions.

They've got fun bouncy things, a barrell train ride for the kids, a hay maze, and a hayride out to the pumpkin patch. The funny thing about the hayride is that it takes you to the pumpkin patch which is about 50 yards walking distance. So you can either walk to it in 2 minutes or less or wait 30 minutes in line for the hayride. As you can see it was getting dark so we chose to walk this year. Although the hayride is fun for the kids. It took us about 30 minutes to meandor through the pumpkin patch in search of our perfect pumpkin.
Here's Chad seeking Ethan's approval. He didn't approve this one, so we searched on.
We found it! Its a tall and narrow one - just the kind I was hoping for. And can you believe this baby was just $4.20?? And it was like 18 lbs. Cheap!

6 comments:

The Bullocks said...

so way to one up me on the leave picture. that looks so pretty. I love fall. that's fun to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out your pumpkin. I see you guys found a bouncy gym out there. ya our jump and bounce I think is only like one year old.
Bailee got Ethan's letter, you don't know how cool she felt getting mail. that was so sweet of you guys. will you e-mail me your address, Bailee wants to send Ethan a picture back. and I lost the envelope with your address on it.
anyways I'm glad you guys are having a good fall.

Nances said...

Wendy...I am SO glad that you guys have a blog. I've been wondering forever how to get a hold of you. Your old cell phone # doesn't work and we never exchanged emails. You guys all look so good. I like your hair long, fun change. E-guy is so cute I've missed him a lot. Lukas has been wearing the pants and shirt you gave him for a while and everytime I put them on I think about you guys. Well I'll add you too our list and be checking in often.

Courtney said...

I LOVE the photo of the pumpkin patch, Chad and Ethan, and that barn in the background! The colors look so good!! Way to go--you are quite the photog!

Abby said...

What cute boys you have! I like you, Wendy! Remember when I used to see you every now and again? That was awesome.

Carrie Ann said...

Todd is now our pumpkin picker. He chooses the UGLIEST most bumpy deformed pumpkins and then carves scary faces into them. This year he grew some little white pumpkins in our garden just so he could carve them to look scared of the big ugly ones.

eBay said...

Oh it's so pretty there!! Hi Waz!!! I'm so glad I can come on here and see what you are up to!! :)