Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chopped

I did it! I chopped my hair. And I've got the 9 inch ponytail to prove it. It's kinda creepy looking as it sits on my entry table right now. I was on the fence and when Chad got home from work I told him I might not cut my hair. He immediately told me not to be a wimp and just do it. So I did. I don't know why it was so hard to let go of the length since I had various short hairdos from the time I was 19 years old until I was about 29. But difficult, it was.

Here's the before (again)...And here's the after.




Wait for it....




Wait for it...Is the tension building yet?





Wait for it...


I like it. I'm glad I did it. Chad likes it. Ethan doesn't like it at all. He thinks a haircut like this needs bangs. Who knew. Plus he likes long hair. Not short.

I'll be honest, I feel a bit sheepish posting these pics of myself. I don't usually like to draw that much attention to myself but I thought some may appreciate seeing the change. It's weird that the color looks different in each pic. The color is more true to the pic on the left.

8 comments:

Abby O! said...

I love it! It's very flattering and I was going to ask if you got red highlights too but apparently it's just the angle. :)

Emma Jo said...

I am totally with you on this! My hair is very much the length of the above and I have an appointment for next week to chop it as well, same length and everything. It grows back no matter what.
I think it looks lovely!!

The Crazy Heads said...

LOVE IT !!!!!! you are looking very seductive in those pictures. good for you.

Abby said...

Gorgeous! Even better in person. :)

Wendy said...

Thanks guys! Tiffany, if I'm seriously looking seductive in those pics I may need to delete them. That's not the look I was going for!

Starnes fam said...

Looks super cute!

Ashley said...

Very cute Wendy! I always love cutting my hair too.

Unknown said...

Waz, you're smokin hot. So sexy!

just kidding, I saw what you wrote above. So I won't call you sexy, just beautiful. As always.

Do you feel like you look younger?

Since i chopped mine I've gotten several people tell me I look younger, which honestly puzzles me. But Jake is a bit like Ethan. He wants me to grow it back out as fast as I can. whatevs.