Sometimes it surprises me when I find out that someone is my age or younger, when I could have sworn they were much older than I. It causes me to pause and wonder if I really look that old. Sometimes I look at Angelina Jolie and wonder this. Not that she really looks "old" but for some reason she just seems older than me (in my mind). But, she was born in 1975 just like me. I swear I look younger than her, but I guess I just gotta face the reality that I don't. Oh well. Aging, why fight it?
Tomorrow I'm getting rid of this long hair.
Stop me now, or forever hold your peace. I'm tired of it. It feels heavy and cumbersome, it takes too long to do and all I want to do is pull it back in a pony tail. I want to be free of it. I'm thinkin "long bob," cut somewhere between the chin and shoulders. Probably closer to the shoulders in my case. Editor's note: I started this post yesterday and now I'm having major second thoughts on chopping my hair. Stay tuned for what I decide to do in the end. Feel free to give me any input up until 7pm tonight. 
Stop me now, or forever hold your peace. I'm tired of it. It feels heavy and cumbersome, it takes too long to do and all I want to do is pull it back in a pony tail. I want to be free of it. I'm thinkin "long bob," cut somewhere between the chin and shoulders. Probably closer to the shoulders in my case. Editor's note: I started this post yesterday and now I'm having major second thoughts on chopping my hair. Stay tuned for what I decide to do in the end. Feel free to give me any input up until 7pm tonight. I love 8 year old Ethan. He's awesome. 8 year old Ethan wonders many things. He wonders who the tallest man in the world is. He wonders how skinny the skinniest man in the world is. He wonders who the strongest man in the world is. (I'm just now realizing as I write this that I really need to get him a Guiness Book of World Records.) He wonders if we were to take all the cars in the world and put them on Mt Everest, would we be able to move it? It's times like those when all I can say is, "I don't know how to answer that Ethan." 8 year old Ethan is learning how to recognize and feel the Holy Ghost. He told me that when he was trying to go to sleep the other night he got scared and so he prayed for comfort. He said he felt comforted immediately and felt "a pressure in his chest" (that's how he has explained that he feels the Holy Ghost) and he wasn't scared anymore and couldn't think of scary thoughts. 8 year old Ethan is awesome.
I do have to admit that sometimes I miss 3 year old Ethan. Looking at pictures like this make me miss him and realize how fast he's growing up. 
3 year old Ethan said and did really funny things like sleep with a can of soup that had Batman on the label, kissed it and said, "Thank you for buying this for me daddy." Writing it almost makes me cry 'cause I can just hear his little 3 year old voice saying it, it's so cute and sweet.
3 year old Ethan said, "Oh thank you mom, you're so helpful," when I got him some crackers and peanut butter before bed.
3 year old Ethan tried to bribe me for a ham sandwich once. Driving home after swimming lessons, he says:
"Mom, I'm hungry. I want a ham sandwich." Then he says to me (in a bribing tone), "If you give me a ham sandwich, I'll give you a treat. I'll give you a special treat." He then proceeded to negotiate his ham sandwich throughout the rest of the car ride home. So funny. I'm glad I wrote these things down cause I know I wouldn't have been able to remember most of them otherwise.
Then there's sweet and adorable 7 month old Gavin. 7 month old Gavin sits really well now without support. He actually likes food. Green beans, lentil stew and all. He's got 2 little bottom teeth creeping in, hence the drool soaked shirt below. 7 month old Gavin isn't so sure of strangers anymore and doesn't like to watch mama and dada leave the room. He also makes the cutest gurgly noises. 7 month old Gavin is a champion sleeper and has been for a while (I hesitate to even write that for fear he may catch wind that I'm bragging about him and decided to change his mind). 7 month old Gavin is the cutest and happiest baby in the world. 


1 comment:
love those sayings. I keep a journal for all of my kids and when they say something funny i jot it down. I also let them draw pictures for me in their journal. it is fun to see the progress.
love the hair idea. i always grow my hair long and cut it dramatically. wait a year and a half and repeat. that's how i roll. can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment