So far, I haven't had too many incidences. Of course there's the usual playground shenanigans - a kid spitting on someone's shirt, almost pushing someone off the slide, big long sticks almost poking someone in the eye, wrestling, and of course there are the usual tattle talers and tag alongs (You know, those kids who don't have too many friends so they hang out with the yard duty).My second day on the job I blew the whistle way too hard at some kids (I didn't realize the power of the whistle) which made my ears ring it was so loud. Later that evening I was talking about my job to a friend and she said she heard the whistle blow from her house that day and she never hears the whistle. Sure enough that was me. I was a tad bit embarassed by that.
Ethan was a bit nervous on his first day. The night before school started as he was gettting into bed he goes, "Maybe we should have done homeschool this year." Funny.I get to be on Ethan's playground for his afternoon recess and he always comes up to me and says "hi" and admires my walkie talkie. I love it. It's cute. Luckily he's still young enough that he's not too embarassed by me. Honestly, I think by me working at his school it has made the transition for both of us quite smooth. He's really liking school and surprisingly has adjusted quite well to the long school days.
Ethan and his good friend and carpool buddy.
8 comments:
You look so official!! I love it!! Just like the "duties" at my kids schools. So...I was a substitute in the 1st grade today (I sub from time to time) and guess what I got to do? Yes... I was "duty" during last recess. Bridger was so excited to see me. He wanted me to play basketball with him. It's fun being able to see the kiddos during school. I wish you the best! :)
Your little guy is so handsome!!
You look so official!! I love it!! Just like the "duties" at my kids schools. So...I was a substitute in the 1st grade today (I sub from time to time) and guess what I got to do? Yes... I was "duty" during last recess. Bridger was so excited to see me. He wanted me to play basketball with him. It's fun being able to see the kiddos during school. I wish you the best! :)
Your little guy is so handsome!!
OOPS! That was only supposed to post once!
You look gorgeous and don't let anyone tell you differently. And please don't tell me if it's my kid that is hanging out with you. Good Luck!
Looks like fun! Lay down the law Waz. I'm glad you get to be with Ethan at school during the day.
I laughed all through this post. You are such a cool mom.
Oh my gosh, Ethan cracks me up so much. It's been a while since I've read your Ethan Quotes. I honestly have tears in my eyes right now from laughing.
found ya! your blog rocks! and your ethan quotes are the bomb.com. get me your e-mail and i will invite you to our very lame, wordless blog. let's get together soon! oh and btw, your work gear is megasweet.
Post a Comment