First, my mom just had surgery on her colon on Monday. She has colon cancer and just got 14 inches of her colon removed. She's doing well. I imagined she'd be really out of it, but when I saw her the day after her surgery I was surprised to see her moving around quite well and it was fun hearing her make jokes about her newest friend, which is the stand that she's currently plugged into for her ivy and medication and stuff. Hopefully her recovery will be quick.
And for some bigger news. Chad has two more days with his old job and is moving onto a new firm. He's leaving his first job out of law school. Although we've appreciated the experience he's gotten these last 3 years he's been given a great opportunity elsewhere and we're really excited about it. We're hoping its one of those 'good things come to those who wait' type of situations.
Ethan.He just had his first soccer practice last night, and guess what? No tears. He knew some kids from the team last year and he got right in there and played hard. We were really proud of him and he was proud of himself for not crying too. He's become quite the swimmer this summer and he's learned a few simple songs on the piano that he loves playing over and over. I finally got the "How do babies come out of the tummy?" question the other day. I'd been wondering when that day would come. Needless to say he was surprised by my answer and wondered how it was physically possible. He's nervous for school to start and I'm curious to see how he'll like the long day at school. I've heard it takes some getting used to for some kids. I'll keep you posted.
This is one of Ethan's current favorite past times - carrying Tido, now that he'll let him do it with minimal nipping. What would a dog's life be like without some minor tormenting from the kid of the house?
This is one of Ethan's current favorite past times - carrying Tido, now that he'll let him do it with minimal nipping. What would a dog's life be like without some minor tormenting from the kid of the house?And then there's me. I'm experiencing some major transition pains. Ethan is of course starting first grade on Monday and I'm pretty sad about it. Excited for him but sad for me. I've cried about it and feel like I'm experiencing some empty nest symdrome. For the last 6 1/2 years I've been his mommy full time and now he's going to be gone most the day. I'm feeling these 'What do I do now?' types of feelings. I've been working at the YMCA the last 2 1/2 years very part time mainly to make a little extra money while being able to bring Ethan with me. Since he'll no longer be with me I've been somewhat looking for another job opportunity. Well I very suddenly found another job at Ethan's school as a playground assistant (pretty much a yard duty person). I had the interview yesterday and then they called me a couple hours later to offer me the job. In the heat of the moment I said yes. So, I've got a new job, Monday through Friday. Its weird. Granted its only 3 1/2 hours a day, but still, its weird to be working everyday. I'm hoping this will be a foot in the door for other opportunities at the school, since braving the elements on the playground isn't really my thing.
Anyway, there's been a lot going on and some major changes in our life which are great and we feel very blessed, but of course with changes comes the adapting part and that's where we are right now. Wish us luck!



6 comments:
changes can be very exciting but very difficult to adjust to. i've found lots of blessings come from change. maybe your more humble or aware when things aren't easy and stagnant. I wish you the best! sounds pretty wonderful!
sidenote--when hannah was 6 she had her tonsils and adenoids removed and she called her stand with fluids her "friend". She had to take her "friend" to the bathroom and hospital playroom with her. so cute!
I gave a little chuckle when I read about the "playground duty person" job. ONLY because I worked 6 years at my kids elementary school, and my first year there, I was the playground aid. The kids called me "DUTY." Needless to say... I loved it!! After that, I worked in the kindergarten and love it too. Good Luck! I think you will enjoy it!!
My sister started out as yard duty. She moved to lunch lady and now she is the head librarian, she loves it!!!! Good Luck!
Oh, and tell Chad good luck at his new job, he'll do great!
So many stories about "where they began: but I know you will enjoy working at the school. I know/worked for Leslie Bigham and she's great. The best way to get your foot in the door is what you've done. Hang in there and let Leslie know you are interested in other jobs! We'll talk!
Hey Wendy, Just wanted to say hi and ask about the church adoption thing. I've got some questions for you. could you email me please? monicapete@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Post a Comment