My interpretation of Grunge at age 19:
- Thrift store leather leather jacket with fake fur
- Fake green Doc Martins, also from the thrift store
- Bagginess - jeans, t-shirts, flannels, thermal shirts, etc

Brittany and I drove 7 hours to visit our friend in So. Cal and we're in big baggy t-shirts. I could only hope that these were our pajama tops and for some weird reason we agreed to take a picture anyway, but somehow I don't think that was the case. 
Oh well, I'm sure I'll look back on current pictures of myself and wonder how I fell victim to these styles.
10 comments:
That is so hilarious!! Those styles remind me so much of Rick's College days. Especially the flannel shirt. Maybe the baggy pants were so you could fit your thermals underneath. Good ol' memories!!
That is so hilarious!! Those styles remind me so much of Rick's College days. Especially the flannel shirt. Maybe the baggy pants were so you could fit your thermals underneath. Good ol' memories!!
OOPS!! not sure why that posted twice!!
Oh yeeeeah.... I remember all those styles. I was way into the chokers and baggy jeans. I remember I even bought a pair of MENS black "skater type" corduroy pants at Zumiez!! hahaha Luckily I have no PICS of it!
Do you ever think that in 10 yrs. from now you may look back at what you are wearing right now and think it was a wierd style too? Kinda wierd to imagine!
Oh, I'm so glad you posted these! I wasn't sure I really believed you were a grunger. Now I believe it. Too bad you didn't have a perm to make the ensemble complete...
i think you look great. those were the days.
Oh, waz. That's hilar. I can't believe it either. Looking at that picture with Joel is so embarassing! We traveled so far to see him and THAT'S what we wore? Thank goodness he loved us anyway--what an awesome BFF:) How could we have worn such hideousness on a daily basis? Although I always loved the jacket with the fake fur. Those were some fun times, though, grunge or no grunge. Man, I miss you. Can we talk soon??
When we were talking of grunge, I at least imagined you looked grungey. However, you look like a super model who happens to be wearing '90s clothes. Not fair! I'm NOT bringing my ugo pictures anymore. My short girl in baggy jeans and oversized t-shirts look was just a bad mix.
Wendy, you were stylin'! I'm with you ... I'll happen upon something from back in the day and try it on, only to think, "Did I weigh 200 pounds back then? How in the world did this thing fit?"
Makes me laugh. Sad thing is it won't be too long until that is all therage once again, if we can ever make it through the 80's again!!!!
Post a Comment