Friday, November 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Crispy Chocolate Roll
10 oz Marshmallows
1/4c Butter
1/4c Peanut Butter
5 1/2c Rice Krispy Cereal
1 1/3c Chocolate Chips
3/4c Butterscotch Chips
Line cookie sheet with wax paper (I like to use plastic wrap) and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Microwave covered marshmallows, butter, and peanut butter until melted (2 minutes). Stir in cereal. Spread in pan. Microwave uncovered chocolate and butterscotch chips until melted (2 minutes). Spread on top of cereal mixture to 1" of edges. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Roll from short end. Refrigerate one hour and slice.
*editors note: I added the "Let sit for 10-15 minutes." It doesn't change the flavor but it makes it a lot prettier.

These are sooooo good. I love the crispiness of the cereal with the chewiness of the marshmallow with the added flavor of chocolate and butterscotch. They're my latest guilty pleasure treat.

For any carb addicts, like myself, you gotta try Garlic Spaghetti. I crave this sometimes and I just have to make it. If I make spaghetti and we have left over noodles I'll transform it into Garlic Spaghetti. I don't really have a set recipe but these are the ingredients. Its easy.

Garlic Spaghetti
Angel Hair Pasta Noodles
Butter
Garlic Cloves
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (not the powdery grated stuff)
Garlic Salt
*maybe some normal salt too
After the noodles are cooked and drained, I just put some butter in and mix it with the noodles until its melted. Then I'll add a garlic clove or two (depends on how much you're making). Then I'll put in some parmesan cheese and garlic salt to taste. If it needs more salt but it has enough garlic just add some normal salt.

Sometimes I'll crave this childhood sandwich. Its a meal that anyone outside of Lynette's family doesn't usually like but I just gotta have it sometimes - like I did today, for instance. We used to have this on Sundays a lot. Again, no real recipe, but its easy. I dare you to try it, but I don't guarantee you'll like it. In our family we affectionately call them Cheese Things.

Cheese Things
Bread
Cheddar Cheese
Onion
Mayo
Chili Powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, grate the cheese and some onion. Add mayo to your liking. Then add chili powder to your liking. Mix it and spread it on the bread. Stick it in the oven til the cheese is melted.

Potato Broccoli Soup This one isn't so much a guilty pleasure but I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for a good potato soup. My friend Katie posted a really good potato soup recipe on her blog, so I tried it. Its really good, its my potato soup recipe of choice now. Thanks for posting that Katie! Here's the link to the recipe on her blog:

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I lucked out on the Cheese Things. I'm from Lynette's fam and my husband actually likes them. Too bad I don't make them that much. If you make em, go easy on the mayo. I ruin mine every time by thinking they need more mayo than they do. Just a tip.

A thousand thanks for the rice krispy treat recipe. I tried one that you made today and it was indeed dreamy. Going to make them Sunday for the Colonial Juarez get together!

Holly said...

I just made the Rice Krispy recipe. It's in the fridge as I'm typing for it's one hour. I'm salivating just thinking about it. It appears to have everything one could want in their Rice Krispy Wonder. Thanks!

Holly said...

Okay...the Rice Krispy Wonder was soooooo incredibly good. I am mentally willing myself to save some for Jon. Like my new name for it? That's what it is-a wonder of flavor and textures :)

Wendy said...

It is soooo addicting isn't it? I'm glad you like. And I do love the new name you gave it.

Holly said...

Isaac told me this story the other day about Ethan that I thought was funny. He said that the last time he and Ethan hung out (when we were at Bonnie's), Ethan had the smart idea of calling Isaac "I" and having Isaac call him "E", so they could be "I" & "E". So I guess that's what they called each other for a while. Clever.

-sorry to put this on your blog. My yahoo account is not working.

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moreau's said...

Wendy, thanks for sharing this yummy goodness! I am excited to try each one of these! I am LOVING your blog, so many cute, clever, posts. Love the eighties one, so true, love the candy idea, very good. I need to check your blog more, I am missing out!

Emily said...

Hey I made the Rice Krispie recipe....awesome! I ate way too many.

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVVVVEEEEEE your new song!!! I'm fantasizing about Edward and me dancing right now!
I'm excited to try your garlic spaghetti, I think it might be something I like.

If I'm on here for massive amounts of time, I'm just listening to you playlist:)

Carrie Ann said...

I still make and LOVE your cheese toast. Living with you had SO many advantages...