Monday, December 8, 2008

"I'm Just Here."

In the one second I had to meet Glenn Beck today at his book signing all I could say was "I'm just here." And then he laughed and said, "I'm just here too." Courtney had bought a book for him to sign and since I didn't (I'm a total cheapskate), I just followed her through the line. When he looked at me to give him something to sign, that's the first thing that came to mind. How lame can I get! No words of support. No 'I love what you do.' Nothing. I went blank. Duh. Even after that flub he was still willing to shake my hand. What a nice guy. Courtney and Maddie waiting in line.Me - before I made a total fool of myself

9 comments:

Holly said...

haha, that's funny. Good to see you blogging again. I love the new song on your playlist. Makes me want to watch the movie all over again. Loved it, by the way.

Emily said...

That's so cool you got to meet him... funny story too! I'm just finishing The Christmas Sweater. Tom was really disappointed that Glenn Beck came to Boise right before we moved there and then right after we moved away!

arah said...

that is really funny. I would have done the same thing. At least you got to meet him, right?

The Bullocks said...

oh I love glen beck. how fun. I'm jealous.
p.s look at your 3rd and 4th picture. it's funny it looks like the man in the 4th picture is bald.

Emma Jo said...

You accomplished my goal if I ever meet a famous person...you HAVE to say something that makes you stand out from the crowd of people saying "I just love your work". I'll bet he went home and told his wife about that one. I don't think it was dumb...its more funny.

Shelby said...

You should have come visited me more often! He was in our ward in Philly and was a very entertaining Gospel Doctrine teacher. He would have no idea who I was now, but that's what got me started on my conservative talk radio kick.

Jane Clark said...

He is so cool!! I love him! And I think you are great!! I'm a cheepskate aslo, why buy when I can use our great tax sponsered library system...and then pay the late fees on top of that!!

HeatherK said...

Wendall- you are awesome, I would have done the same thing.. you know me.he he he. Thats cool you got to met him. How are things going with your dog? I'm thinking of getting a kitten for the girls for Christmas..am I crazy?

Mike and Kelli said...

So jealous! We are die-hard fans. Just finished his book last Monday, I neglected my house and children for several hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is incredible.
love, Kelli