Monday, December 22, 2008

Michaels To The Rescue!

What do you do as you're running out the door to take your kindergartner to his last day of class before Christmas break? You remember you didn't get his teacher anything for Christmas. Shoot. Ahh, yes, luckily you've got a gift card to Michaels that's been sitting on your dresser since May that was supposed to go to his preschool teacher at the end of the school year. Awesome. You quickly write who its to and who its from and then you dismiss the "amount" since you can't remember how much is on it. As you're grabbing last minute stuff before walking out the door you see a plate of goodies that were supposed to go to Chad's work but he forgot. Nice! Tape the gift card to the top of the goodies and you've got the perfect teacher's gift. And now your kid's on her good list. Score! Now I'm just crossing my fingers the gift card still works!

Yesterday we made a snowman! Chad and Ethan were the master snowman makers and I was the master snowman making documenter.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Your snowman looks awesome! Especially the serious look on his face. I think making snowmen was the perfect activity yesterday. We have several on our street too. But they all look a little roughed up this morning.

The Crazy Heads said...

Hey, I'm telling!!!! Just kidding.

arah said...

i never thought of Michaels for a gift card...good thinking.
I love the face on the snowman, so funny. We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground here. Too much snow for a snowman, it keeps coming too and we are expecting more. do you miss Spokane?
Sorry for the rambly post.
Happy Holidays!

The Barney's said...

I wouldn't have thought of a Michaels GC either if Justins mom hadn't asked for one when we asked her what she wanted for Christmas. Way to go Wendy!! Adorable snowman Bernards!! After shoveling all the snow, I am too cold to go out and play in it. How did you do that collage with all the pictures????