Saturday, November 1, 2008

OctoberFest

I've decided that October is one of my favorite months of the year. Here are a few reasons why: its my birthday month, the leaves change colors, it's sweater weather, we get to do our annual trip to the pumpkin patch (I love tromping through the field of pumpkins in search of that perfect pumpkin), hot chocolate and cider, apple cinnamon Glade plug ins, carving pumpkins, and of course Halloween . Its not just a kids holiday you know - adults get to reap the benefits of Halloween candy as much as the kids do. Shh, don't tell the kids that. Below are some of our October festivities.On the hayride at the pumpkin patch. I love this picture cause if you look closely it looks like I have a third arm with a mind of its own. If only I were so lucky - I could get a lot done with 3 arms.Carving pumpkins with the fam. It was a fun night including pumpkin carving, roasting halloweenies (hot dogs) and smores over the fire, writing letters to Elder Chase, and drinking hot cocoa. My pumpkin is the bat - I dare say he's kinda cute.
A little friends costume party. It was fun to see all the kids in their costumes, even if they only stayed in them for 5 minutes. These are just a few of the kids who we were able to bribe with candy if they got back in their costumes and gave us big smiles. They were super cooperative.
Post trick-or-treating pics of Ethan and cousins Rachel and Sam. Can you guess what Ethan was?

And of course the post trick-or-treating trading session.

6 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Wow...look at all that Candy! Such a cute little Indie! Looks like you guys had a good one.

happy Halloween!

Nances said...

Cute pictures! Happy belated bday!

Celia Fae said...

Duh. Indiana Jones. Was it a real whip? He could make his cousins comply with his candy wishes if he could really use it....

Cindy said...

Love the picture of the boy with all is candy laid out in straight lines and all grouped together. Reminds me of me. I use to do that everyday after Halloween and keep graphs of what candy I was eating. I know totally weird, but candy is so much fun. Love Ethan's costume. I'm guessing Indiana Jones.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. Your pumpkins are amazing! I also love the month of October. Looks like Ethan made a haul on his candy!

eBay said...

I agree. October is the best month. I forgot it was your bday! Happy day to you! I love the 3rd arm thing!!! It totally looks like your arm! I follow the Reeve tradition of Halloween candy, the parent gets to go through everyone's bag and pick any of their favorites. yummy!