He really does love us! About a year ago, Ethan made a very interesting decision for a 4 year old, he decided to stop telling us (along with everyone else) he loved us. The reason being, and I quote, "because I don't know what love means." Despite our best efforts to explain what love is, he continually claimed he did not know what love meant. Well, three nights ago Chad asked him if he ever thought he'd tell us he loved us again, he said he probably would but he wasn't quite sure when. The very next night as we were hugging him goodnight he finally did it, he told us he loved us! And when he told me he looked into my eyes and said, "don't cry mom, cause I hate it when adults cry."
Ahhh....A sigh of relief and a new chapter begins with many more 'I love yous' (we hope).

10 comments:
How sweet!
That is HILARIOUS! What a funny kid! ...especially what he said to you about not crying. Thanks for the breaking news. I won't deny that I've wondered from time to time about Ethan and when he would say the L-word again. I'm glad to hear it happened for ya! ....oh my gosh I'm still laughing. Ethan is seriously one of the funniest people I know.
Oh Wendy, how many times is Ethan going to crack me up? I swear, I must have commented on that about a million times so far. But he is seriously so dang cute. I'm glad that he loves you. ;)
And as I read this I chuckle and feel a tear or two well up in my own eyes! Don't try to stop me, Ethan! Oh, what a little thinker he is!! He really is something else. I'm so honored to be his aunt--quite possibly even his favorite aunt still. (Am I?)
Holly told me how Ethan never said the "L" word, so I too have been wondering. I'm glad he finally did and I hope he keeps it up! He's a smart kid.
My what a deep thinker you have! He's an old soul, to be sure. When I was four I was probably thinking what's for dinner, not pondering the real meaning of love. Wow, he's awesome.
I love this boy! He is an old soul and what a gift!
He's really got a mind, this little guy.
you never told me about this! I had no idea he was holding out on you;) I'm glad that he figured out what love is. That is really sweet. what a thinker!
Post a Comment