Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Favorite

I'm back! It appears I've been on a blogging hiatus, and to be honest I've enjoyed the break. I totally love blogging but that's part of the problem, I love it too much and sometimes it can take up too much of my time when there are other important things to do.

Some may know that I'm not one to choose "favorites" - I say, Why limit yourself? That being said, I've decided that Easter is my favorite holiday. Easter signifies so much, most importantly I love the celebration of Christ's life, death, and resurrection. Easter also signifies spring and everything new that comes with it. New life in plants and animals, SUN, warmth, saying goodbye to winter, open windows, fresh air, spring cleaning, being outside, gardening, bright clothing, tanning lotions - I could go on and on. Yay for Spring!

Easter itself was lovely. We decided to celebrate the Easter Bunny on Saturday so we could focus on the most important part of Easter on Sunday. I liked it that way. Its weird to be the Easter Bunny. Chad and I found ourselves wondering what and how the Easter Bunny should do things. Do we do toys in the baskets? How elaborate should they be? How much candy do we give? When do the dyed eggs come out of the fridge? Are the dyed eggs part of the EBs job or does the kid just know that the parents hide them? So many questions and yet another year down and he still believes. I think we did our job.

11 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It is such a fun holiday, just too early this year.

Good job on the mosaic! You will soon be hooked! :)

Tamara said...

Love your mosiac! I also really like your idea of celebrating with the candy and easter bunny the saturday before easter sunday. I am sure it helped your little guy better understand what Easter is really all about.

Abby said...

Glad you had fun on for Easter! I am so ready for spring too. Being able to go outside and do something different is the best.
I'm impressed you guys do the easter bunny thing. I'm afraid I won't be able to be organized enough to do it consistently every year and then have to explain why the bunny missed our house one year. ha ha. I'm such a worrier.

Emily said...

Welcome back! :)
I think that the "easter" stuff on Saturday is a great idea! Many holidays have become so commercialized that you wonder if the kids really know what they are even celebrating. If you need SUN, please come to Arizona, I am looking to get AWAY from it! It has been 88-90 degrees everyday for a week! Happy Spring!

Ramblings by daughters dad said...

i LOVE all of Ethan's comments. You've got an awesome kid!
Your Easter looked fun, we celebrate the Easter Bunny on Saturday also.

Holly said...

I love your writing style Wendy. You're so funny. We celebrate on Saturday too (just decided that officially this year). I think I like it better this way too.

Nances said...

Cute Easter pics. I totally feel the same way about Easter as you. We also did all the bunny stuff on Saturday and I liked it so much it will be our family tradition from now on. Leave Sunday for what it really is. I thought spring was here but I am looking out my window and it is snowing....ahhh! Go away winter.

arah said...

sorry to confuse you Wendy, the "ramblings by daughters dad" is Matt's login. That comment was made by Arah.

Jane Clark said...

I love the new look. It is so fresh. I am so excited for Spring and for the sun to come out and stay!!

Shelby said...

Good pics, Wendy woo.
Why can I never remember to mute my Mac before I go to your page? I am always checking blogs after bedtime, scrambling for my volume button.

Just rented "Dan" and I have been singing "Ruthie-pig faced-Draper went to market" with my husband all weekend. Notice the important placement of the hyphens. I did now say "Ruthie pig-faced Draper went to market with my husband.

Sharlene Enloe said...

I found your site from the Bullocks. Ethan is so cute and I like your predictions and also loved Dan in Real Life. I'm glad I can keep up on your life now.