Friday, November 2, 2007

So On Halloween...

We did a little bit of this...

We went to an old folks home and did a Reader's Theater script and then went and trick-or-treated to all the tables where the old folks sat.


Then we did a lot of that...



And now what the heck do I do with all this??

Do I let him eat as much as he can and then "throw" the rest away - you know "throwing away" is adult code for hiding the stash for ourselves. Do I let him have 2 or 3 pieces a day until next Halloween? Seriously let me know of any good ideas you have about managing your kid's halloween candy.

13 comments:

Nances said...

It looks like you guys had a great Halloween. I don't know about the candy, you let me know if you come up with something good. We have A LOT of leftover candy. AND I am always a sucker for a good deal so when I went into our local drugstore and all the Halloween candy was marked way down I had to buy a couple bags of my favorites, so now Lukas is eating a little more candy and I am eating it all the time. How do I "throw it away" from myself? I tried freezing it, but found out I really like my candy frozen. Sorry about the long post! But happy candy!!

Emily said...

Oooh a whole candy bar! If that was in my kids' bag, it wouldn't have stayed in there long enough to be in the photo.

Celia Fae said...

Put it in lunches for school. Then you don't have to buy cookies.

I had to close up some of those photos so I guess who was who. It was fun.

arah said...

Wendy, So good to hear from you. I hope you guys are doing good down there in Boise. I ask Lori about you everytime we talk. Ethan is getting so big, it's amazing isn't it, how fast they grow up?
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, Arah

Nortorious said...

Mail the candy to me. I will make sure it is properly dispatched.
So you're adopting? Adopt Jim. He's a young 61.

The Barney's said...

i am trying to lose weight so imagine how hard it is with that candy X3 and tell me what to do...the kids ask for candy all day and i am tempted to have a piece whenever they do. But since they want it all day, i decided that they have to have a serving of fruit or veggies before every piece of candy...they'll never make it past 3 pieces i am guessing. oh and i put it up in the pantry where is is out of sight for the most part and unreachable for them. out of sight and sorta out of mind. let me know if you figure out anything good!!

The Bullocks said...

This year I have truly enjoyed the kids candy. I've eaten at least half of both their pumpkins. I think I'm just enjoying eating as much as I can, I know when the baby comes I'll have to be good so I'm going to live it up now.
so I did read in a magazine from the dentist office that it is best to let them eat a huge amount all at once and then "throw it away"aka eat yourself. it's supposed to be better for their teeth. I started to do that but it seemed weird giving them heaps of candy. so who knows. I think ours will be gone by tomorrow morning by the way I've been hording it down. good luck. Katie

Courtney said...

Whatever, Wendy! What are you going to do with the candy, you wonder? Eat it, of course. You know you guys will! And why the heck wouldn't you, anyway?

Karen said...

Ethan is getting so big!!!...It's nice to see your family on here...

Karen Pixler

Abby said...

I like the idea of offering to trade it all in for a new toy. Someday my kid will be old enough to understand how precious it is...for now, it's him doing all the work and me reaping the sugary rewards.

eBay said...

I think you should keep it for yourself. Date night to the movies? Pick me up after Ethan goes to bed...OOO I see some good stuff in that pumpkin!

eBay said...

PS your quotes from Ethan are hilarious. I love the super hero one the best.

Anonymous said...

...A little late for this post, but one thing that some of the local Dentists do here-and you may want to check in your area- is that they buy the kid's candy back by the pound...at least they aren't consuming it all.