Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Little R & R


Our little friend Logan has been staying with us since Thursday night. You'd think it'd be all wild and crazy around here with two four year olds running around playing superheroes, but I really feel like I've been on a mini vacation. Besides having the occasional 4-year old feud to break up - "I'm not going to play with you anymore!" or "My dad is bigger than your dad!" or having to stop one of them from jumping on the other's ribs - I spent most of my time reading my book without feeling guilty that I was neglecting anyone, although I did neglect other things. They want a snack? - I just send them to the pantry. I need something at the store? - I send them in to get it. Just kidding Lori! I wasn't that lazy, although the first one is true. Its the best when you've got two little guys who just love fighting bad guys together.

They just spent almost an hour in the bathtub. Can you say pruney??
I just finished reading The Goose Girl, and its a really good book. I would recommend it.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm glad you've had small vacation. Once Logan goes home and you're back to the daily grind, maybe you could watch Amelia for me! :)

And about your comment on my post about trash: Hey--I did try to pick it up, but Roger insisted! And I was running late, and had the baby in the car, so it all worked out really well for me!!

eBay said...

Hey waz. Go to my blog and do Brittany's b-day quiz! I bet you will know a lot of the answers!!

Unknown said...

this is so cute:)

boys are so much less drama than girls. I'll take extra boys in my house sooooo much faster than exta girls.

I love the pruney hands.

The Bullocks said...

I totally agree I love when Bailee and Tyson have friends over, they will actually play with their toys. and I love that I don't have to constantly think of things to entertain them.
p.s I need you to tell me a good romance book. I'm totally having twilight withdrawals.
anyways I hope all is well. love Katie

Celia Fae said...

Henry who is six has Paige's kid Sol who is seven here this weekend and it is a dream come true. I love listening to their little boy imagination games.

The Barney's said...

and to think i felt guilty leaving you my son...you got a vacation!! again, i am totally teasing. i am so thankful i got to go to spokane for the service (would have been great if you got to go with me-which brings up an idea, we need to do a girls weekend getaway sometime when justin can actually leave the store!)and that you were willing to take logan. love the pruney hands. katelyn took an 1 1/2 long bath at her cousin laura's house and beth also thought of it as a bit of a break. i'll need to send my kids away more, ha ha! love ya wendy

Sam and Jill Family said...

Oh I just found the link to your blog from Arah's. It will be fun to peek in on your lives every once in a while. We have one too. I actually just got that book for my birthday. I heard it is really good. Can't wait to read it. I bet it is fun having some people move down from Spokane.
Jill