CALLED TO SERVE. . .Something that made me smile at Stake Conference tonight was during the closing hymn, "Called To Serve," I noticed my foot moving to the beat of the music, then I looked at my mom's foot which was also moving to the beat, then I started looking at the feet of the people on the bench in front of us and off to the sides and many others were also moving their feet to the beat. For some reason the whole scene made me laugh. Its not often that I check out other people's feet during hymns, but in case you haven't, next time look around while singing Called To Serve at a church function, its pretty humorous.
There was an old lady in front of us who started started coughing and after a few harmless coughs a prim and proper old lady in front of her shushed her and then turned back to the speaker shaking her head in disbelief. Wierd. My mom and I turned to each other in disbelief. Like the lady could help it.
SPOOKY CAT. . . As I was pulling into my garage tonight I looked in my rear view mirror and in the darkness of the night I saw our neighbors cat smack dab in my view in the distance. He was this wierd passing vision cause when I got out of my car and looked back he had disappeared. I swear this cat is out to get me. He sneaks up on me with his loud meows like he's mad or something, he sneaks around in my backyard, and tries to get into our house. I find mini piles of dirt in my flower garden where sod should be, and I'll find dirt sprayed onto our cement walkway, like seeing the annoying dirt piles wasn't enough for me to know that he's been pooping in there for months. Its like he wants to taunt me. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to keep cats from pooping in gardens.
CURTAINS. . .I finally put some curtains up in our family room and it just makes me happy. Curtains are just homey. Its one of those many home projects that I always intend to do but have a hard time getting around to.
EX-BOYFRIENDS. . .I saw an exboyfriend of one of my really good friends on HGTV this week. He was househunting.
5 comments:
Everyone should be required to stand up and march for Called to Serve, because it's a marching song. Same for follow the Prophet and Scripture power. Why can't we rock out like the baptists? We girls just too white?
Was the ex-BF househunting with his "partner?" You should tell your friend that even if he wasn't. It would make her happy.
Marching... that is a great idea! haha
One thing about old ladies that bugs me is when you are in Sunday School or Relief Society and they complain about not being able to hear.... and they are sitting on the very back row! (sigh) Oh well, someday that will be me.
I think that's nice that you get to sit next to Mom at Stake Conference.
I wonder if the old lady who shushed's hearing has gotten better over time instead of worse? Just a thought. Old people are a hoot though, aren't they?
I love the tidbits. It's like being around you in college again. You were always very thoughtful. I can picture exactly what your face looks like when you are thinking deeply. Oh I miss you little Waz.
Post a Comment