Monday, November 7, 2011

OCTOBERFESTivities

Alright, so I gotta do my annual October post. I love October, especially this one since it was unusually warm. And I love warm. Its my birthmonth so of course that makes it even better, plus we do our annual trip to the pumpkin patch with our great friends the Barneys. And of course, Halloween. It's just a good month.This year we brought these two lovely ladies with us. (Below, Chad's mom and sister). They were visiting us from out of town. We wanted them to partake in our little family tradition. Which in the end they ended up by the huge bonfire holding our two wee lil' ones (The Barneys have a baby a couple months younger than Gavin). Probably not what they had in mind. We made sure to share a bag of freshly made donuts rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Hopefully that made it all worth it.I of course love taking the little hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and searching the fields for the perfect pumpkins. Our rule: You gotta be able to carry it out. If you can't, its too big, and I'm not carrying two.Then of course there's Halloween. We like to draw the holiday out by going to as many trunk or treats as possible. These were taken at my brother and sister-in-laws trunk or treat. This is Ethan with two of his cousins. Ethan was a Harry Potter character. He wasn't actually Harry Potter though, he was just a student from Griffindor, but he got mistaken for Harry Potter a lot. I mean, come on people, if he were Harry Potter he'd have glasses and a scar on his forehead!These are two of Ethan's girl cousins. LOVED Maddies shaggy dog costume. Best. Costume. Ever. You could spot her from a block away. I was sad she didn't wear it to the second trunk or treat.
Then of course there was adorable little Gavin in his cow costume. The cutest cow in town, I'd say.
This is sad little Tito in his Bee costume. If I were to hear his thoughts in this moment, I'm pretty sure he'd be cursing my name for making him look like a bee.
On Halloween night we went to my sister's trunk or treat then went trick or treating through the neighborhood. Later Chad and my brother took the three older boys down to Harrison Blvd to finish up the night. Those homes go all out with decorations and they get 1500-2000 kids coming to their homes on Halloween night. Can you believe that? Can you imagine buying that much candy for each child?? It's actually something I've never done since we've lived here, and admittedly I was a little sad I missed out on going down to Harrison.

In between the pumpkin patch and Halloween I turned 36. I'm old! Not really, but kinda. In the sense that I'm 4 years away from being 40 and that just sounds old. Now that I'm 36 I'm really concerned about having good skin, and wonder if my firming neck cream and dewrinkle cream is really working. I wish I would have been more concerned about my skin when I was 15 and dousing myself with baby oil and laying out for hours at a time.

Chad treated me to a lovely dinner and family party. Plus it was fun to have Chad's mom and sister in town and they treated me to a yummy lunch. October is just a great month!

No comments: