Sunday, June 5, 2011

Its hard to come back

For Memorial Day weekend we went to St George and Zion National Park with all my extended family - my immediate family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
It all started with the pre-trip planning. Ethan and his cousins got together to plan their trip. Below is their list of assignments. Ethan took his very seriously, I might add. I love #11 where they even had a wake up time. I'm a little confused by #13 rope - Not sure what they needed rope for.
It was a 10 hour drive and it was Gavin's first trip outside the state. Here's a pic of the world's BEST baby traveler. Seriously. I didn't know how he'd do on such a long trip but he was a champ. No crying and a lot of smiling.St. George was warm and sunny just as I was hoping it'd be. Really, a dream come true, since we were happily leaving the cold, wind, and rain. We swam, played tennis, shuffle board, checked out the St George tabernacle, dined, gamed, and swam some more.
One of the days was spent in Zion's and it was gorgeous. Below are a couple crazy critters. The squirrels there are very bold and fearless. This one was practically between my feet when I took this picture. He kept coming closer cause he thought my camera was food.
I happened to catch this squirrel going for this guys apple cores. And no, I didn't warn him there was a squirrel sneaking up right behind him. Didn't want to ruin the shot. :)
Baby Gavin likes da Bumbo with cousin Jonah.Cousins Maddie, Sofie, Audrey, Jonah
It was a really fun trip and it definitely ended too soon. That fact was reiterated when I came back to the cold, wind, and rain.

No comments: