Holy Cow, I'm already writing my third post in October and its only the 11th. I'm surprising even myself. So this is one of those boring update posts. I feel the need to do these sometimes mainly for when I'm wondering what happened, and when, I can remind myself.
Conference Weekend: I had a great whirlwind weekend. That Friday morning I drove down to SLC with my brothers Dave, Spencer, my niece Cassi and nephew Sam. That night we met up with my mom and sister at my mom's family reunion. This was a reunion with my moms aunts and uncles and cousins. I even got to see some of my own aunts and uncles and cousins there. It was really neat to be in the chapel filled with so many of my relations who I didn't know at all but somehow we were all connected. My great grandfather and his two wives (he was a polygamist) currently have 2200 descendants. Amazing.
The next morning my mom, sis and I went to the Saturday morning session of conference. We were in the nosebleed seats but it was still great to be there. I got to hear 3 of my favorite speakers in person. I know, I shouldn't have favorites, but I do. Afterwards we met up for some lunch at Pei Wei (love that place) with the rest of the clan, went back and watched the 2nd session and then headed home with my mom, sis and niece. I was gone a total of 36 hours. I hope none of my Utah friends whom I love are offended that I didn't see them. It was just one of those really quick trips. And of course I have no pics to show for it, since my camera is broken. :)
Enough about me and my trip. Ethan. What's he up to these days you might ask? He's really enjoying 2nd grade. He's got a great teacher and his best buddies are in his class. He was just telling us about a few girls he's got a crush on. He seems too young to have crushes. I don't think my first crush came til 5th grade. Anyway, Ethan's been playing soccer. He also started piano lessons a few weeks ago. I've been really impressed with his progress and he's still enjoying it at this point. Ethan's in charge of cooking one meal a week. I started having him do this about a month ago. He's actually enjoying it - I've been surprised. I'm of course right there next to him helping him. Its really boosted his self confidence and he likes picking out the meal.
Chadwick. He's doing his usual stuff. Working. Being a wonderful hubby and dad, and of course working in some tennis whenever he can. He just got a new tennis racket just in time to play my brother Ben (who's obsessed with tennis) and who happens to be coming into town in a few days.
1 comment:
It was so fun to see you! I'll send you my blog link again:)
Post a Comment