Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lost & Found

Chad and I were babysitting my nieces and nephews tonight and we were all out front when their parents showed up. Courtney, who went inside to say hi to our dog Tito came back saying that she had looked everywhere inside and in the backyard and she couldn't find Tito. I went and rang the doorbell, since that's always a sure way to get Tito out of his hiding place, and sure enough, no barking. No Tito. There we all went, on a big hunt in the neighborhood for Tito - 2 carloads, 2 walking, and one on a bike. A neighborhood kid even hopped on his bike to help us find him - so nice. We looked for 45 minutes, it was dark and by that time I was getting nervous we wouldn't find him. I was having visions of having to call my friend who gave us Tito and let her know we lost him.

Anyway, I wanted to check back at the house in case someone found him. We get there, say a prayer in the car and hop out of Courtney's car. I wanted to ride around on my bike to see if we could find him that way. Ethan and I go in the garage, turn on the light, I happen to glance in our car and there's Tito! He was in the car the whole time! It was a relief that he was there but boy, did I feel dumb. I had completely forgotten that I had put him in the car. Earlier that evening I had opened the door to get something and he hopped in and I closed the door and completely forgot about him. Anyway, we're sure glad he's home safe, even though he wasn't technichally ever lost. He was probably starting to wonder when he'd get the heck out of that car. Poor little guy. We're so happy he's back. Thanks to my sis Courtney and bro Spencer for continuing to look for Tito even when I told you to go home. You are Tito's true friends.

In the way of other stuff going on...We're back to school. Ethan's my big 2nd grader and I'm back to working on the playground. The first two days were problem free since the kids were still getting in the swing of things but come the third day, yep, the same old playground issues came up. Oh well. The good news is my friend Jamie is back. She had to stop working and fight cancer, which she did successfully. She's one of my favorite people. We're food friends. We both LOVE food. Whenever there's a treat in the teacher's lounge I can count on her to grab some for the both of us and then we'll chow down on our break. She's always lookin out for me. She's awesome. I'm glad she's back. The playground just wasn't the same without her.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yeah, that was one hilarious night. Thinking back on all of us calling "Tiiiiiiiiitoooooo!" over and over into dark night air, throughout your neighborhood. So funny. And let's not overlook that you found Titski RIGHT after our little prayer. So not coincidental, in my book!