One thing is for sure, I'll be grateful when I get a new computer. I don't blog much lately cause my computer is as slooooow as molasses.
Last weekend Chad, Ethan and I took an unexpected trip back to Chad's hometown in Cali. Chad's childhood friend Jason had passed away. Its when I go to someone's funeral, especially someone so young, it always helps me reflect on what's important in my life. Its in these moments that I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jason died from brain cancer and had been suffering with it for over 10 years. I didn't realize that he was diagnosed with it only two years after he had gotten married. Crazy. He left behind a wife and 3 young children. Admittedly, when I found out he had passed I immediately felt happy for him. I don't mean to take his death lightly, because I know his family and close friends miss him dearly. He had suffered so much, especially near the end of his life, that I feel relief for him. I feel grateful for my belief in a loving God, who has a plan and a purpose for each of us. I'm grateful that Jason is in a safe and happy place now, free from pain.
I also feel grateful for the scriptures in my life. What I love about them is I can read them over and over and get something different out of them every time. One that I've discovered recently is this one in Doctrine and Covenants, "...for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God (Doctrine and Covenants 101:16)." That scripture gives me relief from my worries and anxieties and gives me permission to relinquish this perceived control that I think I have over my life. It reminds me to just trust Him for all flesh is in His hands. Be still, have patience and let Him be God. He knows the past, the present, and the future. He's all powerful and all loving. And He knows exactly what He's doing, even when it comes to my life.
And those are just a couple of things I'm grateful for. The list goes on and on...
3 comments:
Thanks for posting that Waz...it made me feel a whole lot better today. :)
That was such a good post. It made me feel better too:)
On a side note, Lily just came over to the computer and said "Mom, who is that?" I told her it was you and Ethan and she said "Wow, Ethan has been growing up too much!"
I thought that was funny because I was thinking the same thing!
Really nice thoughts there.
Regarding the computer: I think it's funny that both our computers are so slooow. I bet if you talked to everyone that started law school within a year of each other, we'd all be having the same issue. Ha! Fancy new laptops them....slow, outdated computers now.
Post a Comment