Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tis The Season For...

T-BALL Right before we left for Ethan's first t-ball game he said, "I think I should have played soccer again." He was nervous. As we were waiting for the game to start we noticed that Ethan was crying in the batting line-up. Since we went through this before with soccer and the whole crying thing we decided it was best to let the coach handle it. We saw him talking to Ethan for a few minutes and then the coach comes over to us and Chad goes, "He doesn't want to play?" And the coach goes, "Actually, Ethan is requesting that you don't cheer for him. He knows that you will, and it makes him nervous." OK! Not what we expected to hear.
and PARENTHOOD:
Tido is officially a proud papa of 4 little puppies. This is a picture of Tido's cute baby mama, Samee and her four little ones (3 girls and a boy). Aren't they cute (in their own little newborn way)?and Getting Organized

This is my fridge after I cleaned out all the tupperware containers full of old food. And it was completely FULL before - Like hard to find a place to put things full. Then I went grocery shopping, spent large amounts of money and now I've got a completely organized fridge, freezer, and pantry with food I'm not nervous to eat. PLUS I've got a meal plan for every day of the week except for Saturdays (thats leftovers day) until the 18th of May. I made sure to give Chad a full tour when he got home from work and now I'm tooting my own horn on the blogosphere. The goal is to not step foot in a grocery store for the next 3 weeks.
This is a grocery bag full of all the bread heels that I found in my freezer. We used about an eighth of the bag while feeding the ducks yesterday. The ducks actually swam away after a while. Since when do ducks swim away from food?

8 comments:

Abby said...

Ethan cracks me up. He keeps it real.
I am super impressed at your meal planning. It's hard enough for me to even plan out one week. You'll have to share some dinner ideas with me. I need to branch out.

Courtney said...

OK, I am so proud of the fact I am related to Ethan. His T-Ball story made me laugh out loud--for a while! He's hilarious!

Since you had so many containers of old food leftover, it appears you are just starting the "Saturday is the day to eat leftovers", huh? But what we really wanted was an AFTER pic of your fridge and pantry! Don't gyp us, Wendy! Share the joy and inspire us! I'm so proud of you that you cook every day of the week!

Emily said...

Doesn't it feel great to organize every once in awhile? I hate throwing all the containers of food away and seeing how much food went to waste!
I'm in awe of you shopping for 3 weeks of meals!

The Crazy Heads said...

The ducks are getting spoiled i guess.

The Crazy Heads said...

The ducks are getting spoiled i guess.

Jenn said...

I miss Ethan! I giggled so hard and Becca enjoyed it too.

Wnat to come clean my fridge? lol, love, Jenn =)

Mindi said...

Wow, Wendy, I'm impressed. I've tried my best to do meal planning and once-every-three-week-shopping but I never stick with it. You should post your menu on the blogosphere, it would help a lot of us out :)

Carrie Ann said...

Congrats, doggy grandma!