Monday, April 13, 2009

A Good Idea, Gone VERY Wrong

On Saturday morning Chad and Ethan were heading out to Home Depot and I suggested they bring Tido with them since dogs are allowed in that store. Plus Tido LOVES any type of outing so I thought it would be fun for all.

Within the first 15 seconds that Chad and Ethan were in the store Tido decided to go poop right on the floor. Chad didn't notice until Ethan tells him, "Uh, dad, Tido just pooped." So they got something to clean it up and headed to another part of the store. As Chad was browsing some things Ethan tells him, "Uh, dad, Tido just peed." There it was, a big ol' puddle of pee on the floor. Again, they went to go find something to clean it up. At this point you can imagine how perturbed Chad was. Not too long after that Ethan goes, "uh, dad, Tido just pooped again." After cleaning up the mess AGAIN, Tido was banned to the car. Chad had spent the first 15 minutes of his Home Depot trip cleaning up after Tido!

Taking Tido on outings always sounds fun in theory, but in the end always becomes much more of a pain.

We had a very lovely Easter weekend filled with sunshine, egg dying, 3 egg hunts, a family dinner, and of course many reflections and gratitude turned towards our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Ethan at the friend Easter egg hunt at the park.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard the Tido/Home Depot story already, but it did not fail to make me laugh out loud again as I read this post! I love being the sister of a dog-owner, but not an actual owner myself!!! Its the same as the aunt/uncle benefits.

-Court

Abby said...

Oh Tido. What a stinker. But it sure is funny to hear about when it is not my own dog!
Sounds like your Easter was fun and busy! I like the egg eyes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe Tido! He surprises me! What a naughty dog.

Holly said...

that's hilarious. He's still cute though. Did you hear that Sammy had her babies? Four! If you connect to my mom on facebook, you can see them.

Nances said...

Tido! That is funny, now, but I'm sure annoying as it was happening. Disneyland looked super fun! I love your squiggle story.

Grandma said...

Our granddog didn't learn that at our house and we sure hope it isn't passed on to the kids. Enjoyed the post and can picture the whole thing.