Wednesday, July 16, 2008

America The Beautiful... That's the song that's running through my mind right now as I'm looking through all these photos we took on our trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton National Park. (The photo below is a picture of the Tetons).If you haven't been there as an adult, you should make the trek out there, it is just so amazingly beautiful. Seeing these thermal pools throughout Yellowstone was really cool. The highlight of the trip for me was seeing all the wildlife. Its one thing to see animals in a zoo, but to see and watch them in their natural environment is just amazing. Here's a synopsis of
what we saw: 2 eagles, 8 bears (including a cub and his mom - my favorite sighting), 1 herd of pronghorn, 3 coyotes (one who walked within 10 feet of us), 2 wolves, 8 moose, and many bison, elk, deer, and crows.The trick to seeing a lot of wildlife is to go really early in the morning or stay til dusk. We chose to go really early in the morning, leaving our cabin around 5 -6 in the morning. The north loop, in particular Lamar Valley, is where we saw most of the wildlife. The south loop is where you see all the geysers and thermal pools. So if you're planning a trip make sure you leave enough time to do both loops.Thanks family for such a fun and memorable trip!! Wish you all could have made it.

12 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So many great pictures! How fun for Ethan to see all the wild life.

Kate said...

Wow. Those are some amazing sights!! I've never been to Yellowstone ... we'll have to take the kids sometime.

Emily said...

Those are amazing photos! Sounds like a great trip.

Laura Smith said...

L-O-V-E-D, loved your photos!!!!! It ia amazing how beautiful the world is!!! Thanks for sharing!!

PS It makes me feel so good that we were added to your friend list. Thanks, friend.

Emily said...

Wow! What gorgeous pictures! I have never been there, but now I want to!!

Tamara said...

Amazing! I have always wanted to go, and now more so. Thanks for sharing these pics, someone is a great photographer!

HeatherK said...

I loved, loved loved all your pictures! wow, that looked so FUN! I can't believe you got to see so many animals! We need to plan a camping trip and we'll meet you guys half way or something...!

Holly said...

I can't believe you saw bears! You know, I worked in Jackson Hole for a summer after high school and in my many times through Yellowstone during that time, I never once saw a bear. ...of course I wasn't driving through at the butt-crack of dawn either...
Love how you laid out your pictures. I'll probably copy for my next post. Just letting you know that :)
Glad you had a good trip!

The Barney's said...

Those pictures are amazing!!! Glad you had such a great trip but I am glad you're back!!!

Sam and Jill Family said...

Wow, you took some great pictures. It truly is so beautiful around there. It has been a while since I have been to Yellowstone and seen the Tetons that close. It is still beautiful. And how fun to see so many kinds of wildlife.

What is your camera?? Because those really are some great pictures!!

Dawna said...

I am so jealous! I love Yellowstone and don't think I've missed going a single year since I was about three. I'm really hoping we can still squeeze in a visit this year. Every time I go it makes me realize more and more how amazing our Heavenly Father is.

Your pictures are beautiful! Sounds like a great trip!

AnnieB said...

What incredible pictures! Wow! Yellowstone is on my list now! Went when I was a kid and haven't been back. My dad took us--we just hopped in the car and went. It was pretty memorable!