Monday, May 5, 2008

Small Things That Make Me Happy

Free Pizza! Last week it was "my day" at the Flying Pie Pizzaria. They put a new name up on their billboard everyday, saying "Its Your Day...." with a name after it. Last Thursday my name was actually up on their billboard. It totally made my day. So Ethan and I got to make ourselves a 10 inch pizza of our choice and I got to wear the cool white apron saying that it was my day. One half of the pizza was pesto (my choice) and the other half was barbeque (Ethan's choice). We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Its amazing how much better something tastes when its free.
Our Feathered Friends -This is what Mac and Sally do when they see any type of movement in the house - They get up from their spot and come beg for food at our back door.
And of course we can't just ignore them so they get a lot of bread at our house. We just love these guys, except when they poop all over our patio. We're still hoping for some ducklings. I'll keep you posted.
Our Daddy's Boy - Ethan got his lawn mower out and goggles on and went to work along side his daddy. Slip N' Slides - Good ol' fashion slip n' slides that no one stays in long cause hose water is just too cold.
And...Kids who say, "We're just chillin' and talkin' out here." Then turns to his cousin and says, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

10 comments:

Kate said...

All of those things made me smile! Ethan is so cute. You should have taken a picture of the billboard with your name on it! How fun.

arah said...

That's cool that they do that at the pizza place. How fun. Of course, my name would NEVER come up.
Ethan is getting to be a little man.I can't believe all those kids that turn 5 this year from Pines Ward.
I love your little duck friends. We used to live next door to a pig and three goats. Everytime we would walk outside, they expected us to give them some kind of food.

Holly said...

Cute post. I'm so jealous you have little duck friends. I guess that makes up for not having a dog :) that's awesome about the free pizza. mmm...pesto pizza sounds so good to me right now.

Holly said...

Cute post. I'm so jealous you have little duck friends. I guess that makes up for not having a dog :) that's awesome about the free pizza. mmm...pesto pizza sounds so good to me right now.

Courtney said...

PLEASE call me if they ever post my name!!! I've been waiting for years. Arah, did you know you can request names too? So there is hope for you! :)

HeatherK said...

How fun! I wanna come see you guys and your ducks!!! Let's plan a fun camping trip or something soon!

Nances said...

Fun! That is awesome that your pizza place does that--and the pizza you made sounded seriously yummy.
I can't believe it was warm enough to do the slip n slide--it has been the slowest coming spring!
Do you have a pond close to your house? That is so fun that you have duck visitors.

arah said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

The Barney's said...

So Wendy, where did you get the duck pictures. Everyone, don't believe her. We went over there twice and there were no ducks. Then Wendy called after we left and made up a story that they were back. The things some people lie about to get friends?? Just teasing Wendy, you know I love ya. I still think it is so crazy they spotted your little pond and keep coming back!

The Barney's said...

Hey Arah, that wasnt very nice calling your neighbors pigs and goats just because they begged for food. Hehehehe Jk