Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're Approved!

Well it's official, we've been approved for adoption and we are so excited!
Our journey to adoption:
Chad and I have been trying to have a baby for over 3 1/2 years with no luck and for reasons we can't medically figure out. Needless to say there have been a lot of tears, frustration, and WHYs??? through this whole infertility thing. Its been a really hard trial for me, but oh the ways I have grown from it. I've been taught patience and humility. I've been taught that life doesn't go as planned but that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family. I've learned the importance of prayer and the power of the scriptures in finding peace and guidance. I've learned that through the Atonement our burdens really can be lightened. I've learned that God does have a hand in all things, even in my life. And did I mention He's taught me patience and humility??

I feel like Heavenly Father has been preparing me for adoption the last few years, even while we were far from considering it for our own family. I started thinking a lot about adoption in general while we were living in Spokane where I was a visiting teacher to a girl who was planning on giving her child up for adoption. I started thinking about and realizing how each person is meant to be here no matter what the situation is. I realized that there are no accidents when it comes to birth. I realized that some people come here through a "birth mom" but are really supposed to be a part of another's family. I truly believe that. Although I'd come to realize these things and saw adoption as a great thing, I only saw adoption as something great for other people. It wasn't until last year that we seriously considered adoption for ourselves. We had been praying and fasting for guidance and I feel like my answers came through my friend Holly. Her husband is adopted and she was telling me about his family. Although I'd like to relate the story, I'm not sure I should without asking them first. At the time I thought it was such a cool story, but it wasn't until the next day when I was thinking about it in the shower (cause that's where I do all my good thinking) that it really spoke to my heart and I realized I wanted to adopt a child and knew I would love that child as much as I love Ethan. The spirit spoke to me in that moment and let me know that not only could I adopt, but that I wanted to, and I was excited about it.

It wasn't long after that experience that we went to a few adoption classes and started our paperwork. We felt a little strange at first as we were surrounded by others who were in a similar situation as ours - we felt like we had become part of a club we never planned on being in. But we're so excited to be where we are and are soooo ready to have another child come into our family. Now is the time to excercise more patience as we wait to be chosen by our birth mom. I know there is a child who is meant to be a part of our family.

Sidenote: Since I know posts are boring without pictures here are a couple from the other day when we went kite flying.

25 comments:

Paige said...

Hooray! Love that you are such a dedicated blogger than you had to include pictures. I hope your wait is short!

Kate said...

I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet your new little addition! Be sure to keep us posted. I hope everything goes perfectly for you guys.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yay for the Biznards! I really am excited for you guys to be in this club with us. It will be fun to have each other to talk to about this experience. I hope everything is smooth sailing for your family. I really liked this post, I feel like you read my mind. It is such a big and happy step for your family.

P.S. I too think pictures for each post are a must!! :)

Emily said...

I absolutely loved reading your experiences and feelings about the adoption process.... thanks for posting it! Def. keep us posted.

HeatherK said...

Yeah!!! I'm so so happy for you guys! I want to hear every detail! I hope you don't have to wait long. And when the day comes when you bring the little one home, that is going to be one lucky baby to have you for a mommy! love ya.

arah said...

That is really exciting. I hope that you won't have to wait too long...of course you won't, why wouldn't they pick you guys.
I agree that all births are for a reason, whether they we get to keep our babies or not.
I can imagine it's been a tough road for you guys. I will keep you guys in my prayers that the right mom will find you and just know that you are who that child is supposed to be with.
Keep us updated!

Abby said...

Congrats on getting through all the prep work. I truly pray that you won't have to wait too much longer. The baby that comes into your family will be so lucky to have you guys as parents!

The Bullocks said...

yea!!!!! I am excited for you and so happy for you and Holly both. I don't think a baby could get into a better family. I just think you are such a good person. good luck. Katie

Moreau's said...

What a cool post! Thank you for sharing your exciting experiences with all of us! The Moreau's are so happy for the Biznards! Yeah!

Cindy said...

Your post was not boring at all. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am so excited for you guys. I'm sure a baby will find you soon because you guys are wonderful people.

Holly said...

That was an incredible post Wendy. I am SO excited for you and I just have to say that you had a huge hand in me getting my feet off the ground and beginning the process for myself. I'm also going to miss our adoption/infertility talks because I always walked away from you with a different perspective or something new to think about. I hope so much the wait is not too long for you--we all know you've waited long enough! :)

Abby said...

Oh what a blessing you will be to some child! I loved reading about your sweet experience with this--and I hope it isn't long! I'm happy for the new kid too bc your Ethan sounds so cool--yay for happy news!

Nances said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys. Hopefully soon you'll be holding your new little one.

Starnes fam said...

Congratulations on getting everything ready and in order! You guys are amazing parents and a new little one is going to be so lucky to come into your home! We are excited for you!

Ann said...

Ok - so I almost never post comments, but I just have to because I'm SO EXCITED for you WAZ!! Yeah! I hope your wait is short!

Kate said...

Hey - tell Brandon "congratulations" the next time you see him (on the trophy AND the cheerleaders)! That was so funny.

Shelby said...

Yeah Wendy! does that mean that you could get a call anyday? I know that there's usually a bit of waiting around, but then your life can change in a minute.
Wow!

Shelby said...

Yeah Wendy! does that mean that you could get a call anyday? I know that there's usually a bit of waiting around, but then your life can change in a minute.
Wow!

The Barney's said...

I know I am a little slow getting to this post but I am so happy for you, Chad, and Ethan and cant wait to get the call. I was just telling my mom yesterday, after she said how sweet you were to take her to the airport and then come back and watch the kids, that I never worried about our kids while you or her were with them while we were gone. You are just such an amazing mom and person and I dont know a better mom than you!! You deserve twins!!!!! I love ya and thanks so much for watching my crazy little monsters. PS I got the Peanut Butter out!!!! Lori

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Wendy, congratulations on the big news. I know you will make a great mom to number 2. It was inspiring to read this post. How great that we can get personal with our friends throughout the world on these blogs. I hope everything goes well for you guys.

Emily said...

What a great post. It touched my heart and made me count my blessings. I truly appreciated and related to the fact that you know and recognize that the Savior really does make our burdens lighter. Baby #2 will be lucky to have you! Good luck and keep us all posted!

Mike and Kelli said...

You go boys and girl...we are so excited for you! Adoption is such an awesome journey! We miss you guys and love you tons...Mike, Kelli, Gracie and Molly

Jen said...

I just stumbled upon your blog the other day and . . . wow!! So many fun things happening in your family right now! We talked to Judy last night and she told us about the adoption -- we're so excited for you two. You'll be in our prayers!

AnnieB said...

Thank you for your beautiful feelings and experience. I love retrospection. I love that the Lord prepares us for things without us realizing it. I love the feeling that we get when we do realize it and it all comes together and makes our hearts so full we think they could burst! My heart was full reading your post and I'm so happy for you and my prayers are with you!!!
Love from the Blatters!

Laura Smith said...

Wendy, I just read your profile for your adoption and really think you did a great job describing what a fun and wonderful family you are!!! I hope your wait is short and I agree with everyone else that it will be one lucky baby to come to your home!!! L