Wednesday, December 12, 2007

If You Tell...

If you tell your child he has a sweaty wrist,

He'll want a sweatband to wear.

He'll then start rummaging through his toys in search of daddy's old sweatband.

Mommy will then wonder what the heck he's doing instead of getting into bed.

He'll then tell mommy "You said I had a sweaty wrist so I need to wear my sweatband."

Mommy will then chuckle and give him a big hug cause he's so cute.
* A real life Ethan story inspired by one of my favorite children's stories.

9 comments:

Sam and Jill Family said...

That is so funny. I guess that is what it would be like to have a boy. He wants to be just like his daddy. We love if you give a mouse a cookie, we will have to read the moose one.
Jill

Unknown said...

little sweaty-wristed boy looks so big and cute in that new picture over there. You're so beautiful, wendy.

Courtney said...

I love that kid. I'm so glad we were roommates for a time (well, housemates.) He is a light in my life. Thanks for having him, Wendy!

Emilee & Paul said...

I'm letting you know that you are tagged! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

Emilee & Paul said...

Your Christmas card picture is so stinkin' cute! You all look really nice and lawyer-y! :) You must be rich or something!

The Barney's said...

man that ethan sure says/does some of the cutes and funniest things ever. lori

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Wendy, I hope you don't mind that I am snooping and looking at your blog. Jas actually ran across it the other night off of Nance's (yes that is correct, it was Jas that was blog hopping.) I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that Ethan is such a cute kid. I can't believe how big he is! Your posts are great! I love the way you write!

Nances said...

Ethan is too cute. I love that he gets all concerned over his sweaty wrists. I also love those books I think they are very clever. I loved your christmas card. You guys are look so good!

Abby said...

Mine goes like this:
If you put your kid to bed in his big boy bed, he'll freak out when you leave and then he'll cry and wail and pound on the door for an hour before he actually turns on the light and plays, and chances are...if you hear him playing, you'll go down and put him back in bed.....repeat, repeat...ahhhhhhh!
That wasn't quite as cute as yours...