We started out our day by going down to the beach and snorkeling. Then we headed a few miles down to Pipeline. They were having a junior surfing tournament so we sat on the beach for a while and watched. Chad probably could have spent all day at Pipeline. He LOVES watching surfing. Just ask our Netflix queue. If he can't watch it in real life you can find him watching it on tv.
Then we headed to Waimea Falls. It was about a mile walk on a paved path up to a waterfall. This tree was amazing.
I loved seeing this peacock wandering around.
Chad and Justin braved the cold water, but Lori and I decided to skip it.
Lori and I hanging out on the rocks. Yes we were wimps, but I didn't regret it. The cons definitely outweighed the pros. Admittedly, it was cool to see the waterfall, but I don't know if it was worth the $15 each entry fee. Just sayin...
Seeing this rooster made me happy because he reminded me of Kauai.
Lori heard someone talking about a bunch of sea turtles hanging out on the beach down the road, so we hopped in the car to go find them. These were the only two still on the beach, but they were cool to watch and you could see a bunch swimming in the water near the shore. Do you know why they're called Green Sea Turtles? Because their innards are green. Just a little tidbit for ya.
Then we headed to the cute little town of Haleiwa and of course went to the infamous Motsumotos for some more shave ice with ice cream. Holy cow that was sweet! But of course tasty.
DAY 6
We went down to the beach and relaxed and snorkeled. As we were laying there a woman not to far from us, down by the water called for help and yelled that someone needed CPR. We don't know what was wrong but a man kept going in and out of conscientousness. An ambulance came and picked him up, we never knew what happened to him. So that was...eventful.
Then we got changed and headed up to check out the temple.
We spent the rest of the day and evening at the Polynesian Cultural Center. This was the boat parade. Pretty cool.
Here we are at the Luau
This is where we met the taro roll. I don't know what taro is but it makes tasty purple rolls.
After the Luau we went to the big production. It was pretty cool, especially when they started throwing fire.
DAY 7 (Don't worry, I'm almost done)
Our trip to Hanauma Bay. They had tons of space for snorkeling. We only covered about two of the sections. I heard some kids next to us touting that they'd seen a sea turtle, which got me excited, but I never got to see one.
This seal was taking a break on the beach near us.
DAY 8
This is the last time we saw this view from our hotel room. It was bittersweet. I was sad to go but happy to get home to my kids. About a week after getting home I was ready to come back.
ALOHA HAWAII!
MAHALO for letting me reminisce about my trip.





No comments:
Post a Comment