Tuesday, February 26, 2013

January

 January is Ethan's birthday month. He is officially double digits. I can't believe I've got a 10 year old! I must be old.

On his actual birthday he invited a buddy to come with us to Sub Zero. They freeze the cream right there in front of you with dry ice. It's pretty cool. And it was surprisingly really creamy. Gavin was elated! He was screeching with excitement.


We finally got on the ball and threw Ethan a party with 5 of his favorite buddies a couple weeks after his birthday. It was a pretty small group, but I was sure glad there weren't more of them. A bunch of 9 and 10 year old boys together can get pretty crazy.
Happy Birthday Ethan! We love you!!
January was a pretty big month for Gavin too.
You see that little blue rubbery thing in his mouth? Yeah, the one that hangs out like a cigar? The thing we thought he couldn't live or sleep without? Well, in January he officially became binky-free. It actually was the easiest thing we've done. He lost his binky, we didn't have anymore (although Chad did secretly buy one in case we couldn't handle life without it), and he went to bed without it. He asked for it that night, but he fell asleep perfectly well without it. Who would have thunk it? It was amazing! 

No comments: