Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Highlights (and a few lowlights)

We just got home yesterday from a fun a trip to Glacier National Park. What a gorgeous place! It's a must see. And really, these pictures don't do it justice.Here are the highlights (and a few lowlights) of the trip:
P.S. I'm well aware that "lowlight" is not a word, but have used it for lack of a better one.
Lowlight: This was my view from the car. Due to my bad back I had to travel fully reclined.
Highlight: I got a great view of the blue skies, clouds, tops of trees and mountains.
Highlight: I didn't have to drive very much.
Lowlight: Chad got stuck doing most the driving. 20 hour drive (at least) round trip plus all the driving in the park.
Highlight: Because I didn't drive I had many opportunities to sleep in the the car.
Lowlight: I can't sleep in cars.Lowlight: On our fuel stop in Missoula we discovered blackish crap (for lack of a better word) all over Ethan's seat. We discovered it was Ethan's gum wrapped in a gum wrapper that he "stored" under his bum that got mushed and squished all over his seat.
Highlight: Goo Gone got it out. Apparently it's the only thing that doesn't ruin leather.
Highlight: Gavin was an awesome traveler. Again.
Highlight: The waterfalls, rivers, and lakes were this amazing emerald green color and were so clear.
Lowlight: As tempting as it was, it was too cold to get in. And my camera didn't capture its true color as I hoped it would.
Highlight: Ethan made new friends.Highlight: We got to hang out with old friends.
Highlight: We got to see so many beautiful waterfalls, mountains, valleys, vistas, lakes, and rivers.Highlight: We got to see some mountain goats.Highlight: We got to go down an alpine slide.Highlight: Chad sang along to the Carpenters with me.
Lowlight: We need to add to our music collection. It's feeling a bit stale.

Highlight: We had a great time and got home safely.
Lowlight: I wish I was still on vacation.

No comments: