Tuesday, May 4, 2010

While I Was Away...From Blogging

Stuff. There's always stuff going on. Things that keep me from checking blogs and well, writing in my own blog. I know, I know, I'm a bit of a hit or miss blogger. You'll just have to accept that about me.

One of the most exciting things that happened within the last month and a half was getting new floors in our kitchen/dining. Its been a long time coming and I love it. Although we didn't get off to the best start. Chad and I spent no less than 10 hours scraping that stinkin linoleum off the floor, and were only halfway done when we decided there was no way we had the time or energy to finish scraping. It was CRAZY! It was the biggest waste of time, since we should have just layed the Pergo right over it. People told us different things, some told us to take off the linoleum some told us not to. Now we know, don't ever take off the linoleum. That stuff was literally sealed to the wood.

We were originally going to put the floor in ourselves since we kept hearing how easy it was. After the scraping ordeal we decided we'd just fork out the money to pay a professional to put the floor in. That was the best decision we've ever made. Putting in Pergo flooring isn't as easy as they say, especially if you don't have the tools and especially since we...not so handy. We love our new floor and I spent the next week oogling over it. Love it.
In the way of other highlights this past month (or two): My mom turned the big 7-0 in March. Isn't she cute? Me and my sisters had a little brunch for her birthday and I made her wear this birthday hat. I don't think she'd appreciate me posting this close up of her (she's kinda like that) but since she doesn't read my blog she doesn't have to know. :)
We had our annual Easter egg hunt and Easter dinner together. Please note Ethan's cool Halloween basket for Easter egg hunting.
And of course the cousins had their usual trading fest afterwards.For our Primary quarterly activity we decided to do a humanitarian project by collecting donations for an orphanage in Haiti called the Foyer de Sion. We collected beans, rice and clothing for those children there. It was a really great experience. For the actual activity, our Primary children were able to see video footage from the orphanage, learn a Haitian game from a little girl who was recently adopted from that orphanage and lives here now with her family, eat Haitian food and help box up the donations. It was neat to see the ward come together in this humanitarian effort.
After that activity I noticed that Ethan started praying more for the people in Haiti. I hope all the children who participated were able to see their own blessings and think more of those who aren't as blessed as they are.

6 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Welcome back! Love the floors!

ANG said...

THe floor looks great & well done on the service project.

The Crazy Heads said...

No, he doesn't have 17 kids. He has 11 and my mom has 6 so together there are 17.

Holly said...

Fancy schmancy floors! Nice! I'll try to get inpsired to blog soon. Ugh...sometimes it just gets overwhelming to catch up on everything, but then I saw your update and I"ve realized how much I've missed my blogging friends.

Holly said...

Fancy schmancy floors! Nice! I'll try to get inpsired to blog soon. Ugh...sometimes it just gets overwhelming to catch up on everything, but then I saw your update and I"ve realized how much I've missed my blogging friends.

Holly said...

Fancy schmancy floors! Nice! I'll try to get inpsired to blog soon. Ugh...sometimes it just gets overwhelming to catch up on everything, but then I saw your update and I"ve realized how much I've missed my blogging friends.