Wednesday, February 24, 2010
A Not So Sick Day
Ethan had a "sick" day on Monday. Or at least I thought it was. He spent the night before hacking a lot so I just assumed he'd continue doing the same thing. I clued into the fact that he wasn't as sick as I thought (besides the fact that he was barely coughing) when he said more than once, "This is the best day! And mom, its all because of you." We were playing a game of LIFE and he got the chance to switch salary cards with my $100k. He hesitated to trade, "You've made this day so great, I hate to..." But greed got the best of him, he switched salary cards. This kid is easy to please. Wanna know what made him so happy? Buying him a Nintendo DS game and a bag of Reeses Pieces. Ethan has saved his money and has bought himself a Nintendo DS, which we're still waiting to come in the mail. I had to at least buy him a game so he's got something to play when it arrives. As I said, running errands and buying candy for the sick one = A not so sick day. Admittedly it was an enjoyable not-so-sick day for all. Including me since I got out of going to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kids are sooo funny! We have had "not so sick days" at our house too. Except the last time Brey told me he was sick...I rememberd his last "not so sick day" and I decided to send him to school. Turns out, he really was sick this time. OOPS!!
Post a Comment