Friday, June 5, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Like kindergarten. Sniff...sniff. Ethan and his teacher.
I love Ethan's head cocked to one side. Huh? I copied this sign from my friend Kami's blog. Thanks for the great idea Kami!
Ethan has been asking to do a lemonade stand for the last few weeks. I kept putting him off and saying "sometime after school is done." He really held me to it cause he wanted to do it the very day that school got out. So here he is with his lemonade stand. I was going to do it on the nice and quiet street by our house but he was smarter than that and knew that he wouldn't get much business there, so we moved to a much busier street. Within 30 seconds of sitting and waiting for customers he goes, "I really hope people come, cause if no one does, that would just be embarassing." People were so nice as they gave him a dollar for a cup of lemonade even though he was only asking 25 cents. As customers came I was feeling so guilty for all the lemonade stands I've passed up in the past. I VOW TO STOP AT EVERY LEMONADE STAND I SEE.
After he sold his first cup of lemonade he was so elated and was jumping up and down. It was cute. His elation quickly turned to despair as he lost the first dollar he made. It had blown away in the wind. Courtney was so nice to come to the rescue and pretended to find it, even though it was her own dollar. Thanks for saving the day Court!
Here's one of his first customers - his cousin Maddie.

This is the soccer team I've been playing on this last season. We're stopping for the summer and hoping to resume this fall. I'm going to miss playing. Its been so much fun.
Our team came in 4th place. Not bad, right? Not really when there are only 4 teams playing. We had fun anyway. This trophy is purely a prop as we found it somewhere in the soccer building to use in our photos. Yeah, we're dorks.

4 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Welcome SUMMER! I loved this post. Did you like the letter that Mrs. Lawrence gave them? I started to cry when I was reading it. I can't believe we have first graders.

Emma Jo said...

I love that you played on a soccer team, how fun! And your sign, I might just have to copy that one. I vowed to always stop at lemonade stands too...it is especially nice when they serve it in plastic cups so you don't actually have to drink it in front of them. What a sweet boy.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Your banner turned out great! Happy Summer to you all. It was great to see you guys when you where here.

Now onto 1st grade...waaaa. :)

Carrie Ann said...

I'm totally impressed with the soccer team. There's something strange about seeing you and those ladies all in the same shirt. I know it's a team and all...

... and I would have TOTALLY bought lemonade from Ethan! I made a vow to always stop at a lemonade stand once upon a time, but my germaphobia has gotten the best of me...