Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wheel, Balloons, & Chicks

The Wheelmobile: Unfortunately I wasn't called up to the Wheel to become a possible contestant on the show. The Wheelmobile was in town yesterday and a couple hundred of us Wheel of Fortune hopefuls came to see if we could get lucky. Courtney was the only good sport to come along with me. At one point I thought they said my name and my heart about jumped out of my chest. I was playing it out in my mind what I would say and how I would act enthusiastic (cause that's what they look for in a contestant), I don't know if I would have done so well in front of hundreds of people. So it may have been a good thing I didn't get called up.

I often dream of ways to get my hands on a large chunk of money so we don't have to spend the next 30 years trying to pay off our student loans. When I heard the Wheelmobile was coming to town I got $$ in my eyes thinking of the possible money I could win on that show. Don't worry there's still a chance, even if we didn't get picked at yesterday's show they will draw some more names out of their barrell and give you an opportunity to go to the final auditions. Keep your fingers crossed!! Thanks for coming with me Courtney that was fun! Thank goodness for the empty store where we could cool off from the 100 degree heat. Hot Air Balloon: One Saturday we woke up to this hot air balloon landing on our street. It was really cool. They let Chad and Ethan go up in it for about 20 feet. Then we sat on our car and watched them take it down and store it in their trailer. That was a fun way to start our morning.
Baby Chicks: We got to babysit our friend's baby chicks while they went our of town for a few days. They were so cute. They loved being by people so when we'd let them out they'd follow us around our kitchen or when we'd sit down they'd hop up on our lap. It was so cool. The not so cool part was the POOP and when they started getting out of their box. We actually missed them when they were gone.

10 comments:

Kate said...

How fun!! I hope you get to be on Wheel of Fortune. I have those same dreams about easy money ... how fun would it be to be on a game show?!?? That would rock.

Those baby chicks are so cute. I'm not going to show this post to Haley ... she'll add "baby chicks" to the list of animals she really, really wants. (The list currently sits at: a dog, a cat, a SNAKE, and some baby mice. Yikes.)

Jane Clark said...

How fun! I secretly want to be on The Price is Right! I could come home with some serious china from Michael C. Fina, or maybe an outdoor spa. I hope you get a call soon!!

Jane Clark said...

How fun! I secretly want to be on The Price is Right! I could come home with some serious china from Michael C. Fina, or maybe an outdoor spa. I hope you get a call soon!!

Jane Clark said...

How fun! I secretly want to be on The Price is Right! I could come home with some serious china from Michael C. Fina, or maybe an outdoor spa. I hope you get a call soon!!

Tamara said...

So fun! I'm jealous...

Jane Clark said...

Why is my same comment there 3 times. This makes me laugh!

The Bullocks said...

so I would have been right there with you to try out if I was in town, I'm all about trying to win free stuff. good for you. good luck. and congrats on 8 years, it's so crazy how fast time goes by. Katie

Starnes fam said...

Sweet...I was there too! Obviously they didn't call my name either. You need to read my blog about almost winning a house though this past weekend!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How fun for Ethan to go up in the Hot Air Balloon for a bit. I bet he loved it!

ps. I included you in my post today. I gave you my "You Make my Day Award" . It is kind of like a tag, but it is a fun one.

The Barney's said...

Thanks SO much for watching them. I just blogged about them today. So much poop, it's crazy but it was fun for the kids!!!