Ethan is officially done with preschool - Congratulations Ethan!

I won't even go into my feelings on how my baby is growing up too fast. Ok so maybe I will - I can't believe my BABY is almost a full fledged kindergartner. I already imagine myself driving home crying the first day of school. Its actually not the kindergarten part that scares me as much as he'll be in 1st grade the year after that, which means he'll be gone ALL DAY. That's the scary part. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead but really, this whole moving into kindergarten thing has been quite a transition for me. Tell me its not that bad.
15 comments:
Oh Wendy I cried and cried when I dropped off my oldest for kindergarten, I thought it would be easier the next year when I tok my twins. It wasn't, and first grade it's a long day. But, they love it and that makes it ok. Good Luck!
Congrats Ethan! On to preschool - Waaaa. ;)
I thought that having them in preschool, made the whole transition to kindergarten way easier! However, it is always hard if they don't like to go, so if he cries, you better take a box of kleenex for you. But, if he goes willingly, and happily, you will feel better. It is a big step, but look at how happy he is at school. Sooo cute!
p.s. who do you look like?
Ethan is growing up so fast and looking so happy about it!! Hopefully he'll love kindergarten like Katelyn. That will def. make things easier. But the 1st day to school is always the hardest and so is seeing them step onto the school bus for the 1st time. I cant believe Logan is also going into kindergarten!!
Wow...I can't believe he is that old either. I'll remember him mostly at the age of wandering around our apartment and asking for croutons and eating enough that he'd have garlic breath forever! He's such a cute sweet boy that I am sure you will cry leaving him in kindergarten. I am already stressing about it and it's still a few years away.
I cried a lot of kindergarten, but by the end of the year you are so excited for first grade because the 3 hours of kindergarten is SOOO short! Hope you get a new baby by first grade because who wants to go back to work???
Kindergarten is good, you get a routine, a daily routine and they get to go off and have fun and learn and grow. and then you guys get to talk all about it at lunch. I tried to focus on how wonderful it is that my Madisen was getting her own life. Making her own friends not just the kids of our friends or kids in her church class. She is able to have her own experiences and come home and tell us and teach us. Like you I am not so excited for 1st grade. She is so young (in my mind) I am scared for her, and it is hard to let them go.
Plus when ethan is nice and if the adoption goes well you will have special time to get to know all about your new baby. congrats ethan, and good luck
Kim
I am freaking out about 1st grade already as well! I guess we have one year of kindergarden to get used to the idea. YIKES!
So fun to read your family blog!!!I especially love your fun Ethan quotes worth repeating. I might just need to "steal" that idea!
Thanks for sharing!!
PS. I actually think that sending them off to 1st grade is the real tear jerker because they are gone ALL day long and I miss them terribly!!!!!!
I would try to talk reason to you, but I'm the girl that was panicking last night over the thought of Cubby turning 4 (when I was looking at a 2009 calendar) He's not even 3 yet...deep breaths. It is going by so fast it hurts sometimes.
From one adoptive mom to another, BLOG BLING is happy to help you be as eye catching as possible! Pay us a visit - and best of luck with your waiting period!!
Hey Wendy, I'm glad I found your blog. Do you know if Ethan will be in morning or afternoon? We requested morning. I can't believe it either.
I'll admit I DID cry the first day of Haley's kindergarten but then it just got fun because she loved it so much. He is such a cute kid...a teacher's favorite to be sure!
Kindergarten isn't as hard as 1st grade, so don't stress too much this year. The hard part about 1st grade is that they get SO tired going to school all day long. Sophie would come home crying and tell me how she missed me and wished she was still in kindergarten so her school days could be shorter. SAD. Just make sure Ethan has a good teacher that you are happy to leave him with, that makes all the difference :)
CONGRATS on the adoption thing! I can't wait for you guys to have a new sweet little person!
Post a Comment