Friday, September 28, 2007

I Am So. . .


. . .my mother.

Something that I remember about my mom growing up is that any time she left the house to go anywhere I knew I could count to 60 and she'd be running back into the house because she was always forgetting something. In my minds eye I can see her in the gray Quantum tearing around the corner on the way back to getting something she had forgotten. She has been known to come back multiple times. I would get so frustrated with her for doing that and I would tell her that she really needed to think about everything she needed before she left the house.

Today as I was leaving my house and was about to back out of my driveway, I remembered something I had forgotten in the house. This happened 2 more times. It was ridiculous. I even peered around my neighborhood after the third time to make sure no one had noticed how many times I made the trip from my car to the house in a matter of 3 minutes. All I could think was 'this is so mom.' Just last night I had to turn around after getting partially to my destination because I had forgotten something. Ethan has been known to say to me on many occasions, "mom, you always forget everything." He's also been known to ask, "why do we have to run everywhere? I'm not going to run anymore." because I always seem to be running late. Help me (and my son)!!

Just a side note: I have had my planner since 1994 and I have not replaced the calendar or the address book - ever. So a lot of my addresses have been scratched out and rewritten where ever I've got room. I've got about 4 different addresses for Brittany with her current one saying "newest" right above it, and the examples go on and on. Here is a sample of what most of the pages in my address book look like. Notice all the scratching out and rewriting:

Today I realized, after having the same planner for 13 years that they actually have 15 extra telephone/address pages in the back that I could have been using. Instead I've been cramming phone numbers and addresses where ever I could. Am I revealing too much, because that is just embarassing. Its bad enough that I've had the same planner for 13 years and now I'm actually admitting it.




















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice picture of our mom! She is so cute! And forgetful, it is true. I am also our mom's daughter and run back in at least once most days before leaving! I've even considered putting checklists on the door for the different places I'm going, with reminders of what I should bring. So silly, but possibly a good idea at the same time. But when will I ever spend the time to do that? I would rather read people's blogs and daydream about starting one of my own.

Emma Jo said...

Not to mention that you look just like your Mom...it's sounds like she's nice lady to be like...and Wendy Wendy Wendy, please, for me, get a new planner and re-write everything in pencil...Clark gets in trouble if he writes something on my calendar in pen...its just so permanent.

Celia Fae said...

I know it is weird, but sometimes I am your mother too. I remember being at your house, and she would literally be running through the house doing jobs. Running. And now, sometimes when I am in a hurry and I run, I think to myself, "I'm Lynette Wasden." I'm not kidding.

Courtney, please start your own blog and if you are visiting mine, you need to say hi.

Paige said...

Every time Celia runs through the house, she says, "I'm Lynette!" Crack-up that you do it too. No wonder you both are so skinny (Lynnette and Wendy, that is). Your planner cracks me up. Mine is the same, but only 10 years old, not 13.

We are all destined to become our mothers. One look at me and everyone screams, "Pam!" And soon it will be "Fae!"

The Bullocks said...

ok, so I just have to say I love Ethan's quotes. they are so funny and so accurate, sometimes when people tickle me I do pee a little bit as well. I think I might copy you and post my kids quotes to the side. they are so funny to read.

Unknown said...

waz, you really should get a new planner! It makes me laugh that you still have that thing. If I saw it stranded at wal mart, I would recognize it. I would walk right up to it and say, "hey, I think this is my friend wendy's."

and I run back to the house every time i go to the car. It's frustrating. at least now i know you're doing it too.:)

Carrie Ann said...

I forget stuff all the time. I have started keeping a pad of paper by my bed because that's when I remember everything...when I am laying down to sleep!

I know this bugs Emily a lot, but I have to write in my address book AND my calendar with pen. Pencil is just too smudgy!