Friday, March 23, 2012

Back ON

I've been OFF blogging. What I mean is, I don't read them, and I don't even think about writing on mine. That type of Off. Until yesterday when I read a few of my friend's blogs and caught up on their lives and it reminded me that I miss my blog. At least today. I'm not totally sure how I'll feel tomorrow. As I've thought back about what's been going on the last few months I realized I have a really bad memory and can barely remember what happened last week let alone last month or two. Pictures didn't help since they're pretty much all of Gavin sprinkled here and there with other family members and random pictures Ethan takes of pretzels and clouds and such.
Nonetheless here is a little timeline:
January and February: Ethan and Gavin's birthdays (That's about all I can remember)
March 1st: Chad started at a new law firm. A really promising firm that he's excited about. I know we've said this about his last 3 jobs but this time I really think he'll be there for the long haul. For the record, he really isn't a job hopper. There's always been a really good reason for the switch in firms. Anywho...
The rest of March:
  • Ethan lost a tooth and a very tenacious wart. Very exciting times for Ethan.
  • March 20: Gavers pulled himself up for the first time. Yay! And nay. Yay cause he's progressing in his abilities and nay because that means his reach is a lot longer and wider. The more to get his hands on.
  • I won a major battle this week. It was me against the ants. They found their way into MY kitchen (how dare they) and that means war. The battle was won with Windex and tape and a lot of tenacity on my part.
  • I've found myself deep in the throngs of babyhood, crawlinghood, keeping things out of baby's mouthhood, and just keeping baby out of harms wayhood, which I would call Guardian Angelhood. It's tiring but fun and wouldn't have it any other way...hood.
  • Oh and how can I forget, this week we paid off our final credit card debt. We have no car debt. Now we're down to student loans and mortgage. It was a small but very satisfying victory.
  • Last night Chad and Ethan had a spontaneous birds and bees talk (without me, sniff...sniff) and his reaction was, "That part's really gross."
  • And of course there is always a lot of daddy and Gavin play time. (Wish these pics were bigger, but you get the jist)
And that's us in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Cathy Taylor said...

Don't turn OFF your blog again please! You're such a great writer & it was so fun to hear about your family even though we see you nearly every day. Like you said....it's always in passing. And CONGRATS on the new job, removed wart, Gavin's standing and the lack of debt!

Abby said...

I totally understand the blogging hiatus. Glad you are back!!!
Congrats on all the milestones!